Death Dealer Mercenaries

MWO and DDM

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun May 27, 2012 2:46 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

you can use this as a signature image over there until i get time to make something better...

Download Post  No rating  
DDM_PLAGUE
Hauptmann Kommandant
Hauptmann Kommandant
6384 Points

USA US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 28, 2012 7:18 am   Post subject:  Re: MWO and DDM Back to top 

Someone needs to fill out the unit form for the wiki list. also how did u get ur Sig's to work at MWO?

Download Post   
DDM_PLAGUE
Hauptmann Kommandant
Hauptmann Kommandant
6384 Points

USA US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 28, 2012 7:25 am   Post subject:  Re: MWO and DDM Back to top 

oh and how does everyone feel about the whole Skill tree thing, I personally think your abilitie as a pilot should be based on..well... your abillity as a pilot.

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 28, 2012 1:31 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I admit that I share your concerns, but I am not overly worried about it. Your physical, hard-earned or god-given, abilities as a 'Mechwarrior are still paramount. Your c-bills, level progression and equipment choices affect what you can buy and use, but it's still the pilot in the cockpit aiming, maneuvering, managing heat and ammo...

I know there are a lot of new things here... and a lot of ways it could go terribly wrong. I hope that it doesn't, and i don't think we have any evidence yet that it will be a "pay to win" scenario.... or even one where level and bank account alone decide the fight before a shot is fired.

I remember when we all started finally branching out in to other games, accepting the fate of Mech4 and not knowing what when or if the next game would be made. Running around in Guild Wars, Anarchy, Battlefield, all kinds of games really, talking about a potential 'Mech game with the type of combat, customization and control we demand, but updated with all the features we loved in the more socially connected games we were playing at the time....

A fully online game with a single community of players, Perpetual content updates, objective-based game-play, Guild management tools, in-game voice coms, stat tracking, character progression, a persistent and fluid map of the Inner Sphere to fight over, a game economy that pays our pilots for their service and offers them equipment upgrades in exchange for their hard earned c-bills.

The game will even handle the assignment of merit based promotions, medals and achievements to our members... a few of you know how much work over the years has gone in to just that one aspect... the thousands of forum posts between members of OCL, spreadsheets, side-bars and slide-rules. The persistent influence jockeying, politicking and political posturing involved in just giving everyone a shiny little badge for their shoulder... but I digress.

I'm going to remain optimistic about the game, and continue to hope it at least comes close to the game we waxed-philosophic and pipe-dreamed about for all those countless hours killing time on other fields of battle while we waited for it to be made. I'll keep my eyes peeled for things I don't like, and you all know I'll complain loudly and frequently, when I see them. But for now, I'm excited about it.

I'm excited to see how the game plays out with all the new features. I'm excited to see what a professional-created Mechwarrior game looks like in the 21st century. I'm excited about the living universe they are creating and the running timeline of the game which leaves us only a few months out from first contact with the returning Clans. But mostly, I'm excited to see if this brings any of our brother back to us.

To that end, I'd like to come up with some sort of call to arms / return to active duty, type message, inviting all our brothers and former members home, to fight alongside us again. Every one of them, no matter what the circumstances of their departure were. Warriors get restless when sidelined for years at a stretch, and brother fight from time to time. We can only move forward once we have made the decision to leave the past behind us. I want to see this message posted on all the forums and emailed to every former member we can contact.

If any of you have old member email addresses, or current contact information for any of the guys we have lost along the way, please dig it up. I'll get a thread started to compile what we have in a secure forum in a bit. 2012 is shaping up to be the year of the 'Mech. We have MWO, tactics, and several other mech related projects in the works. I for one think that if Mechwarrior can rise from the ashes like a Phoenix, so can the Death Dealer Mercenaries.

Getting back up to speed wont be easy. And It's going to take all of us. We have to whip this place in to shape and start filling cots if we are going to have any chance of getting warrior on the field at launch in the kind of numbers we need for effective recruiting. The more of brothers we can get to lend a hand, the better our chances will be. Over the years, we have moved form "too many chiefs, too little Indians" in to a "chiefs only" kind of Boy's Club. Rather than organizing some sort of Highlander-style, battle royale to reduce the number of chiefs around here, I say we just find a whole new batch of Indians.

I guess the first question to ask is, "Who's in?". Who else around here thinks we should even try to get our membership up again, now that the game we were founded to play is back from it's long hiatus? Who wants to see this place packed with smiling faces again, those of new and old friends both? Who else wants that enough to put in the work to make it happen? Are there even enough of us still around for the Death Dealer Mercenaries to make an honorable, respectable run at Mechwarrior Online?

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 28, 2012 2:40 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Here you go Pyro. I did the flaming text myself, just with a gradient fill and a smudge brush. Background color should blend on their forum. I'll adjust it if it doesn't. hope you like it. Smile

edit... adding a placeholder sig for Plague. We don't have a lot of room to work with images in their size limits, 720 x 80. I just wanted to get you guys something with your name and the unit name on it.

Download Post   
DDM_PLAGUE
Hauptmann Kommandant
Hauptmann Kommandant
6384 Points

USA US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 28, 2012 4:16 pm   Post subject:  Re: MWO and DDM Back to top 

I am in, I have already sent an invite to 2 posters at the MWO forums who were askinf for advice.
And thanks for the banner Sal.

Download Post   
DDM_PLAGUE
Hauptmann Kommandant
Hauptmann Kommandant
6384 Points

USA US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 28, 2012 4:27 pm   Post subject:  Re: MWO and DDM Back to top 

I think a couple of us should spend a few hours reviewing the Hiring hall thread at MWO, & send out some invites to some new pilots.

Download Post   
DDM_GateKeeper
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
2955 Points

USA US Pennsylvania
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 28, 2012 5:33 pm   Post subject:  Re: MWO and DDM Back to top 

DDM_PLAGUE wrote (View Post): › I think a couple of us should spend a few hours reviewing the Hiring hall thread at MWO, & send out some invites to some new pilots.

Agreed

And In

It has been an honor and a privelege to be a Death Dealer for over 10 years now. We will be what we are, and all will fall before us.

And thanks for the tag Sal Cool

Download Post   
DDM_GateKeeper
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
2955 Points

USA US Pennsylvania
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 28, 2012 5:34 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

DDM_Salvatoris wrote (View Post): › Here you go Pyro. I did the flaming text myself, just with a gradient fill and a smudge brush. Background color should blend on their forum. I'll adjust it if it doesn't. hope you like it. Smile

edit... adding a placeholder sig for Plague. We don't have a lot of room to work with images in their size limits, 720 x 80. I just wanted to get you guys something with your name and the unit name on it.

um GK?!?!

Download Post   
DDM_PLAGUE
Hauptmann Kommandant
Hauptmann Kommandant
6384 Points

USA US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 28, 2012 5:51 pm   Post subject:  Re: MWO and DDM Back to top 

Ok I sent invites to all the Pilots I thought might be ok in the Hiring thread up to page 9.
This is what I used.

(pilot name),
The Death Dealer Mercenaries would like to extend an recruitment offer.
Some information about our unit. We have been in active operation, under the same leadership, since August 2000.

We won first place in BattleZone league play for Mechwarrior 4 each of the first 13 months, including Planetary league play. We have participated in just about every league or ladder out there for Mechwarrior 4 at some point over the years. We have had hundreds of members pass through the unit in the last decade, and have faced thousands of other great warriors on the fields of battle. Through the long cold Winter since the release of the last official Mechwarrior title, we have maintained a core group of warriors. Our group of gamers became a family and we still get together every summer for a week of partying and gaming we affectionately refer to as DDMCON.

While we have branched out in to other games over the years, we remain a Mechwarrior mercenary unit through and through. We have had a clan, crew, org, guild or unit in most of the popular shooters and MMOS to come out in the last several years. If you see a group Death Dealers running around in any game you play, it's probably us. We have been wishing for and dreaming of a game that combined the brilliant universe and white-knuckle action of Mechwarrior with the stat-tracking of the Battlefield ames and the persistence and progression of an MMO for years. While we never gave up hope of another Mechwarrior title looming just over the horizon, I never really expected it to be so close to what we had all been hoping for.

Now, with it's impending release, we are ready to unpack our cooling-vests, dust of our neuro-helmets and mount up. 2012 will be the year of the "mech, and we'd like to invite any of you looking for something more than just a team to level with, but a brotherhood to become part of to head on over to our forums and join up. We've always got room for a few more good warriors to ride with us as we lay down the Heavy Mounted Vengeance of the Death Dealer Mercenaries.

Join us today at www.DeathDealerMercenaries.com
Even if you aren't currently looking for a unit to join, we welcome all to join our forums and become part of one of the oldest active online Mechwarrior communities still in existence.

Hails and Salutes. Good Luck and Good Hunting. We look forward to seeing you on the field, from one side or the other.
Respectfully
DDM_PLAGUE

Download Post   
DDM_PLAGUE
Hauptmann Kommandant
Hauptmann Kommandant
6384 Points

USA US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 28, 2012 6:14 pm   Post subject:  Re: MWO and DDM Back to top 

Can some one pin a new recruit thread to the home page? Si the see it when they visit the site.

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 28, 2012 6:15 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

placeholder... I'll take requests when i get more time to work on them...

Download Post   
DDM_Pyromancer
Hauptmann General
Hauptmann General
7599 Points

USA US Alabama
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 28, 2012 7:19 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Thanx Sal Looks awesome... I remember at one time we started an Emergency Contact List for members.... It had some email addresses on it. Any chance someone here has a copy of that? I Think Wing0 was actually putting it together. Any Thoughts on contacting him??

Download Post   
DDM_PLAGUE
Hauptmann Kommandant
Hauptmann Kommandant
6384 Points

USA US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue May 29, 2012 4:50 pm   Post subject:  Re: MWO and DDM Back to top 

We have our 1rst new recruit response from the hiring thread at MWO, DDM_Wolfclaw, he was on comms today & seem pretty solid, I think he & Pyro are long lost brothers. I will say it again Get On Comms folks.

Download Post   
DDM_PLAGUE
Hauptmann Kommandant
Hauptmann Kommandant
6384 Points

USA US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu May 31, 2012 4:08 am   Post subject:  Re: MWO and DDM Back to top 

Ok got another recruit, Have not talked to him on comms yet but from his hiring thread he seems like a perfect fit for DDM. His call sign will be DDM_Vindicare

Download Post   

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic