Death Dealer Mercenaries

Windows Vista

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
DDM_Pyromancer
Hauptmann General
Hauptmann General
7599 Points

USA US Alabama
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:43 am   Post subject:  Windows Vista Back to top 

Anyone got it yet?? Should I buy it or leave it alone till they work out the bugs??

Download Post  No rating  
DDM_Roag_Oiram
Leutnant
Leutnant
1508 Points

USA US Hawaii
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:35 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I'm happy with XP so I can wait.

I want to be a Chairborne Ranger!!!
Download Post   
DDM_LordSoth
First Leutnant
First Leutnant
1205 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:51 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I am recommending to all my clients that you wait until you either get a new computer or microsoft magically pulls support for XP.

And I am not letting any of them buy new computers for a while. I rushed about 5 laptop orders in just to miss dell's switch to vista only.

Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:11 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

That pretty much sums it up. Don't get it unless you can get a new machine that is "ready". It is a resource hog, choking a P4 2.0 with 1 gig of RAM and a decent vid card. Also, any games that are DX 10 will only be playable on Vista (DX 10 supposedly will not have legacy code).

I think I will hold off until they lose/option out the DRM.

A nation of wolves run by sheep!
Download Post   
DDM_Pyromancer
Hauptmann General
Hauptmann General
7599 Points

USA US Alabama
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:30 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Well I pretty much have the new computer....

AMD64 dual core 4200+ X2 chip
2 gig of DDR2 RAM
X1300 RADEON with 512 Meg of DDR2 RAM
200 gig SATA HD

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:56 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I'll wait for the bugs to get squashed... or until someone who works at Microsoft drops me a copy in the mail Wink

Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:36 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I didn't say a new machine, I said a new machine that is "ready"

Quote: › I'll wait for the bugs to get squashed... or until someone who works at Microsoft drops me a copy in the mail

Likewise, to put on the test comp...

Download Post   
DDM_Black6
Leutnant
Leutnant
4125 Points

Australia AU South Australia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:06 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

gonna build newy soon,,,whats specs should I try to exceed?

Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:54 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

If it is in your budget, shoot for something along the lines of what Chaos built, with an Intel Core Duo 6800 or better.

Download Post   
DDM_Metalfiend
Leutnant Colonel
Leutnant Colonel
5207 Points

USA US Iowa
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:13 am   Post subject:  Re: Windows Vista Back to top 

hey pyro that comp sound really familiar ,,you sure you didn't steal mine out from under my desk,,oh wait there it is nevermind ,,,and these comps are supposedly ready for vista ,,but i like my media center ,,works for just about every thing i need it for and some things i don't even have hooked up yet

Download Post   
Wing0
NON MEMBER
NON MEMBER
2533 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:58 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Vista is the new evil.

Download Post   
DDM_ChaosGryphon
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
209 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:48 am   Post subject:  Re: Windows Vista Back to top 

I am thinking about getting ultimate for hte new rig i bought.. however, I will be running a dual boot mode, until Vista is SP1 and Nvidia gets WHQL certified drivers.

I will be running the 64 bit version.. I think it will be nice to have and to try out before fulling migrating to it..

Also Newegg has an single user System builder OEM license of Ultimate for $199. that not an upgrade.. however folks are concerned about the OEM System builder license. I am checking into that option as I just built this new rig.

Pyro, that is what I would suggest. Buy it but make your rig a dual boot.. That way you have the best of both worlds.

Download Post   
Wing0
NON MEMBER
NON MEMBER
2533 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:12 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I honestly do not see the gamers appeal of Vista. It's an OSX for PC.

Download Post   
DDM_ChaosGryphon
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
209 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:38 pm   Post subject:  Re: Windows Vista Back to top 

The same thing was said about XP.. 98SE was what the games were developed for.

I truly believe that Vista will be the same thing.. only in a smaller increment. Ultimately it will come down to DX 10. It will not be available to XP. and as game devs advance in the code DX 10 will become the standard. DX10 will be encoded into the hardware (ie like the 8800 GT cards and other future cards)

It will be come mainline and if you insist on having the best graphics then soon you will be left behind.

is Vista perfect.. no.. Is it a major leap like XP was from 98.. not from what i have seen.. however will that stop progress.. nope..

tell me.. what was the last game you loaded that was built for Win 98? For me it was Mechwarrior.. matter of fact i just looked at a clan pack and it didnt even list XP.. Now find me a current game that lists 98 as a supported OS.

I am not a Vista fan boy.. i just have seen this before and know where this will be going.

of course.. if you dont need it do not upgrade until after the first Service Packs are released.. thats what i did with XP

Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:21 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

DDM_Wing0 wrote (View Post): › I honestly do not see the gamers appeal of Vista. It's an OSX for PC.

Vista was built for games.

Download Post   

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic