Death Dealer Mercenaries

Set Rep..

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
DDM_PLAGUE
Hauptmann Kommandant
Hauptmann Kommandant
6384 Points

USA US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:13 am   Post subject:  Set Rep.. Back to top 

Twisted Evil I think I need to be brought up to SPEED,,What are we doing? Where are we going? How are we Blowing up? Twisted Evil

Download Post  No rating  
DDM_TK421DS
Sr. Warrant Officer
Sr. Warrant Officer
5761 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:25 am   Post subject:  Re: Set Rep.. Back to top 

Me and Shado are playing WarHammer, I think a bunch of others are playing the new MWLL mech mod (Sal, Auger, others?).
I personally think the mod looks good, but is pretty much a FPS mech game and way too fast paced (no mech lab yet) & the Cbill thing i hope is temporary cause if they do put in a mech lab and it better be like mercs was. I think it would suck to have to spend 1/2 a match setting up a mech every atch rather than it saving your variant.

Come play Warhammer! ( BTW-the new Star Trek MMO is shit-ola) complete garbage. I wasted 60$ to try a piece of crap. Embarassed

Download Post   
Viper_Kilo
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
6965 Points

USA US Iowa
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:22 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

IT SIT!!! REP!!!

Situational.
Report.

Kilo has spoken, have a nice day.

DDM. Bending you over and making you take it, but its ok. We bought you ice cream .

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:39 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I am playing a lot of MWLL, but I haven't seen anyone else playing it except for me, Rusty and the boys. I love it.. I can't understand why everyone here isn't playing it, or at least giving it a try. It does cost you about 15 bucks to get a copy of Crysis and get started, but it's already saving me 45 bucks a month that I don't have to pay for three MMO accounts. Razz

Download Post   
Viper_Kilo
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
6965 Points

USA US Iowa
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:55 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

server or ip addy?

igotit all workin, need your locale

DDM. Bending you over and making you take it, but its ok. We bought you ice cream .

Download Post   
DDM_PLAGUE
Hauptmann Kommandant
Hauptmann Kommandant
6384 Points

USA US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:41 am   Post subject:  Re: Set Rep.. Back to top 

What do I need to load up for the mod your playing Sal.

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:48 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

You need a copy of crysis. You can buy it new, didgital download, for about $30. I bought one copy that way and three more off ebay for under 15 buck each, with shipping. At some point in the future the mod will switch over to crysis wars, so if you are looking at the digital download, it might be worth the extra ten dollars to go ahead and get the ultimate edition, which includes all expansions.

Download Post   
DDM_TK421DS
Sr. Warrant Officer
Sr. Warrant Officer
5761 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:25 am   Post subject:  Re: Set Rep.. Back to top 

DDM_PLAGUE wrote (View Post): › What do I need to load up for the mod your playing Sal.

Just a warning Plague........It is nothing like Mercs 4 at all. You have no mech lab, all mech loadouts are pre made (& suck bad), You canot get into anything over 2 tons (light mech only) unless u dominate the maps 9which is hard to do). Running around in the Armor Suit is fun, but limited. This mod is all polished up at first glance, but tarnished with major flaws and drawbacks. Even with the mech lab addition i still think is needs a major overhaul. C-Bills definatly need to be removed.

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:41 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

just for the record... I don't agree with anything TK just said except that it's nothing like mech4.../ which for me is a selling point. If I wanted to play mech4, I would.

This IS a beta, and the mechlab is not in yet. There are 4 variants of each mech, and NO they do not suck. they each fill a specific role, and you can't think of the weapons as being their mech 4 counterparts. Flamers and machine guns are useful weapons in a combined arms set-up. Just because these configs would have sucked in mech4, doesn't men they do in MWLL.

In the SA game-type, with standard server settings you do start with only enough money for a light mech.. but you can also buy a tank, aerospace, VTOL or just load out your power armor with weapon upgrades and c4. You can share money between team members, and servers can adjust the starting cash. The reason 90% of them do not, is because the game settings are perfectly fine the way they are. Like I said, it isn't mech4. Within one or two respawns you can easily be getting in to bigger mechs, and even my kids end most rounds capable of buying heavy mechs or the biggest tank in the game. Parker can often get an assault mech... I usually work up to a Madcat by the middle of the round. it just isn't all that hard to do.

The c-bills that TK complains about are the absolute best addition of the game. You earn rank upgrades throughout the match, and the top two ranks are limited to one person per team. The higher your ranks, the more cash you spawn with, but you also get money for all damage done, as well as kills you make during a life. (you lose money for friendly damage and frats) That money is wiped on respawn, but is useful because you can take your mech back to the bay to repair and reload, or just buy a better one without having died. Again, you can also give any amount of money to any member of the team. Think of it like dividing up our average tonnage for BZ drops in mech4. Even as soon as a match launches, some members of our team could be in assaults if others go light or just go as battle armor... which some people do the entire match.

Controls are different. That's a fact. Joystick support is a work in progress, but keyboard and mouse are a lot more effective. When joystick support is in and working 100%, I doubt i will even try to switch to it. Your aim is just more precise with a mouse, in any game.

beyond learning new controls, everything you expect from a mech game is in there, with the obvious absence of a mechlab.. which i honestly do NOT look forward to being added. As it is, the game is balanced and weapons are varied. I'd hate to see it turn in to the boats of mech3 and 4. it takes the best aspects of the battlefield games and adds them to a great combined arms mech game. It really is win / win. You just have to judge it based on what it IS, rather than what it isn't.

Download Post   
Viper_Kilo
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
6965 Points

USA US Iowa
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:56 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

i found two sa_palisades maps on server... no ones ever one them though

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:10 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yeah, more people need to run user maps. There are only a few that do, but then again there are only really a couple of active servers. We just need to get those guys to run user maps.

I have another one I am working on now. It's very early, maybe about 10%... but it's got spawn points and is playable. If you want to take a look at it, it's at www.deathdealermercenaries.com/downloads/crymore/SA_Desolation.zip . I'll probably update that beta version late tonight or tomorrow.

What we need is our own server. I'd put one together and host it on our ds3 at the office if I thought anyone would play on it. Too bad none of these guys around here like mechwarrior games. Razz

I'd love to hook up and play with you guys that have it set up. There isn't any way to search for players that I know of, but maybe we can find each other if we add as buddies. We need to set up a time and then just meet on whatever server is active then. I'm available any night... just let me know.

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:10 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

playing on Federated Suns MWLL 2

Download Post   
DDM_TK421DS
Sr. Warrant Officer
Sr. Warrant Officer
5761 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:20 am   Post subject:  Re: Set Rep.. Back to top 

Rolling Eyes Ya I guess I am looking for or was wanting a more Merc 4 typ mech game that kept to the original feel and setup. Ity was not possible with a mod really as i feared. I have isues with certain aspects and additions in the Beta. Embarassed (C-Bills are evil) Sad

But, I play War Hammer and am happy with that. Maybe that other mech game being developed will be better? (don't have link here at work)

Download Post   

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic