Death Dealer Mercenaries

Sal's MW:LL Maps [updated 3-1-2010]

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:23 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I had to stop posting public screenshots of my work in progress stuff that is intended for official release. I can of course still make and post about user maps all I want, but this current project has me pretty busy. I'll find a more private spot here to post some updates on my city map work.

Download Post  No rating  
DDM_Dragonlord
Warrant Officer 1st Class
5628 Points

Norway NO Buskerud
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:47 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I'd love to try out those 2 maps you made, problem is that the few servers that do run with them, never have any players on hem.

I guess most players only have the default maps, and as such play only on the servers woth those maps.

Image 160

Death is but a door time is but a window, I'll be back
Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:27 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

yeah. servers arent running user maps because it currently just boots you out if you don't have the map. I think it will get better when we have an auto-downloader for maps.

if we can get three or four people in one of the servers running my maps, it fills up pretty fast from there. It seems like all the players have the maps, just not few servers that are always full.

Download Post   
DDM_Dragonlord
5628 Points

Norway NO Buskerud
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:29 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Well its still only beta, so hopefully things will get better as bugs are squashed and content added.

I must say I'm amazed at the work they have done. I remember when the initial hype for t he mod died down after they announced it.

Most thought the mod would die eventually for various reasons, but they pulled through and have a working mod now.

They have done some great work.

Hopefully there will be more players in time as well, as things are now, most servers are empty, and the only server that seem to have players all the time are the cracked server.
Since that server, from what I understand, is running cracked versions of the game, I dont play on it.

It also seems to have a tendency to boot players at random, been booted a couple times myself for "Profile ID Spoofing", and seen numerous others been booted for the same reason.

Image 160

Download Post   
Viper_Kilo
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
6965 Points

USA US Iowa
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:25 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

any works on an urban map?

DDM. Bending you over and making you take it, but its ok. We bought you ice cream .

Download Post   
DDM_Dragonlord
5628 Points

Norway NO Buskerud
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:21 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Sal I think is working on a city map, that urban enough for ya? Razz

Image 160

Download Post   
DDM_TK421DS
Sr. Warrant Officer
Sr. Warrant Officer
5761 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:28 pm   Post subject:  Re: Sal's MW:LL Maps [updated 3-1-2010] Back to top 

So I got your maps & I like.
I think I like playing a Grunt in the Armor suits best. I like the role of flaming for support & putting an enemy mech into shutdown so my wing man can take'em down. I have figured out how to somewhat take out smaller mechs in the suit. That is always thrilling. Embarassed

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:13 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I have better versions of both maps, waiting on a patch to release. Besides general bug fixes, and some detail painting, my snow map now has 6 spawn pioints. Two of them are in ice caves up close to the mining camp and trenches. I'm hoping to have it ready for some new, objective based game-types for the next MWLL patch.

Meanwhile.. I'm still plugging away at city assets. I have me texture pallet ready to go, and I'm giving all the models one more pass in 3DS. I still have a shit-ton of work to do, but I will at have it ready for us to play on at CON at the very least. I have my basic layout done, and just got some clods and time of day settings this week. Most of the buildings, and all of the terrain still have placeholder textures, and there is no vegitation yet... still. I think it's starting to look pretty good.

Download Post   
DDM_TK421DS
Sr. Warrant Officer
Sr. Warrant Officer
5761 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:07 pm   Post subject:  Re: Sal's MW:LL Maps [updated 3-1-2010] Back to top 

Sal, When are you usually on MWLL? Do we "DDM" have a server to use or do you Host? Like I posted, last time i went on there were only 3 active servers with a total of 45 players actually playing?
Rolling Eyes

Download Post   
DDM_TK421DS
Sr. Warrant Officer
Sr. Warrant Officer
5761 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:08 pm   Post subject:  Re: Sal's MW:LL Maps [updated 3-1-2010] Back to top 

So there's another patch after the 2.0 coming out now?

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:56 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I'm sure there will be several more patches before we get 1.0. There are still mechs and vehicles to add, new gametypes and maps, and of course the mechlab.

I usually just join one of the servers that is close to full. If one of them is a MWLL official server, that is my first choice. I am usually available to play between about 9 and 12 our time. I will make sure to get on comms when I can play, and I usually have my messenger on.

And yes, most weekday nights there are only about 50 people playing. I would guess there are only a few hundred people actively playing the beta. I expect that number to improve as we get closer to an actual launch... and as we get the gametypes and features in that people want for league play.

Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:36 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

What is with the emerald city looking pic?

A nation of wolves run by sheep!
Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:32 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

That's just the light and fog at that part of the sunrise. Most of the day is clear, with late evening and early morning fog... the middle of the night is pitch black for the awesome night-vision.

The map layout is pretty close to what it will end up being. The square blocks on the mini-map are 500X500 meters, the tallest building in those screens is 1150 meters. Most of the skyscrapers are 60-100 stories.

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:18 pm   Post subject:  Re: Sal's MW:LL Maps [updated 3-1-2010] Back to top 

I made some changes to the time of day, got rid of the green fog. I finished a highway system, and got the roads laid out. I also started adding some vegetation and painting terrain. It's starting to look pretty good.

Download Post   
Viper_Kilo
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
6965 Points

USA US Iowa
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri May 07, 2010 7:32 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

it is teh epics, cant wait to du so urban ops with you

DDM. Bending you over and making you take it, but its ok. We bought you ice cream .

Download Post   

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic