Death Dealer Mercenaries

Sal's MW:LL Maps [updated 3-1-2010]

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:11 pm   Post subject:  Sal's MW:LL Maps [updated 3-1-2010] Back to top 

I have my first MW:LL map to a playable beta version. If any of you guys want to download it to check it out or help me test it, its hosted here @ www.deathdealermercenaries.com/downloads/SA_Palisades.zip . Just unzip it to your crysis/mods/mwll/game/levels/mulitplayer/SA folder. Let me know what you think of it.

Last edited by DDM_Salvatoris on Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:55 am; edited 3 times in total

Download Post  No rating  
Viper_Kilo
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
6965 Points

USA US Iowa
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:10 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

wicked

DDM. Bending you over and making you take it, but its ok. We bought you ice cream .

Download Post   
DDM_Auger
Leutnant
Leutnant
5563 Points

USA US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:03 pm   Post subject:  Re: SA_Palisades Back to top 

hmmm...
linky thingy not workin for me...404 error page not found.

ddm_auger@hotmail.com or boltz1@tampabay.rr.com

email it to me or if I catch ya online on msn I'll do a transfer from ya.

I really suk at the mod. Prolly got 8-10 hours of play time so far and got enough for the first promotion only 3 times. Think I need an upgrade to vid card...really choppy and hard to aim effectively.
Sad

[img][/img]
Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:13 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Bad link.. left off the .zip. All fixed up now. Smile

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:46 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Final version is up now, at the original link. I Added too much to mention since the version... lots of new stuff. I'll post some screenshots soon.

too bad I don't know a bunch of guys who like to play mechwarrior. :/

Download Post   
DDM_TK421DS
Sr. Warrant Officer
Sr. Warrant Officer
5761 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:20 am   Post subject:  Re: SA_Palisades Back to top 

DDM_Auger wrote (View Post): › hmmm...
linky thingy not workin for me...404 error page not found.

ddm_auger@hotmail.com or boltz1@tampabay.rr.com

email it to me or if I catch ya online on msn I'll do a transfer from ya.

I really suk at the mod. Prolly got 8-10 hours of play time so far and got enough for the first promotion only 3 times. Think I need an upgrade to vid card...really choppy and hard to aim effectively.
Sad

Now I know why your not playin WarHammer............ Crying or Very sad

Nice map Sal Smile

Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:26 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Sal, do you have a fly through of your map?

A nation of wolves run by sheep!
Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:58 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

no... I'll see if I can put one together for you. I'd like to join a server that's running it and get make some combat video with fraps. it's a blast to play on. I have only had positive feedback on it, unfortunately most servers aren't running any user maps.

There are a few of servers that have it in rotation, and two that run it all day.... one has a terrible ping to me but the other one is always good... when you can find people playing on it. if three or four people join, it fills up pretty fast from there.

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:57 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I have a second map out now... if any of you are interested. It's at www.DeathDealerMercenaries.com/downloads/SA_Desolation.zip . It is awesome... you guys should get MWLL so you can check it out. I'll try to get some screenshots of it as soon as some servers get it running.

For now here are some peaceful shots of the empty map. Smile

This is a big ruined bridge with a bypass road that goes over the top of a big ice cave. The main areas of the map are a multi-level battlefield with mining trenches deep enough to hide the heaviest mechs, as well as bridges and huge pipelines that can be crossed by mechs. There is a lot of variety to the terrain over the map. Every type of play-style should have an area where the terrain suits it. You just have to choose the right area for the tactic, and vice versa. The map is also really cold, with heat draining off at about double the normal rate. You can run masc basically unimpeded and fire small to medium energy weapons as fast as they can recharge, but weapons still generate the same initial heat so if an alpha shuts you down on a hat map, it will do the same here. You just need to hit a quick burst of coolant flush to make it through the initial spike. The map is very friendly to energy weapons.... I can't wait to take the new ovacat out on it.

The action centers around the trenches and abandoned mining complex. This little mining camp is about as close as we can currently get to city combat in MWLL.

Each team has one forward outpost, defended by a single turret and positioned to offer a good spot for extreme long-range mechs and tanks to perch. This is a truck I Frankensteine together at the radio tower on the clan side. It's made from a modern truck and the base of a crane. I think it came out looking pretty cool for the minimal amount of effort that went in to it.

This is a huge ice cave, creating a tunnel under the main bridge. The mirrored ice textures here looks really awesome on high or better settings. You can't see it from this angle, but there is a really cool blizzard blowing effect coming through the tunnel. Once you get in this far, you are a long way in either direction for a smooth spot to exit the trenches, but it's a great place to fight.

These two shots give you an idea of the scale on the trenches. They are easily wide enough to get in in a good circle of death, even in the fastest mechs.... as long as you don't lose situational awareness and slam in to the wall. Jump-jets are a super advantage in this area... but it's also great terrain for hover-tanks. They slide across the smooth ice like a greased hockey-puck.

This is from a large dome building I used for a circle of equals style arena. It's actually a dome inside a dome, with safe viewing platforms in the outer dome, and plenty of room to settle a trial of vengeance inside.

This is just a little base set between the two clan spawns.. It looks pretty awesome with the frozen layer added to the buildings.

Last edited by DDM_Salvatoris on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

Download Post   
Viper_Kilo
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
6965 Points

USA US Iowa
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:16 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Epic.

DDM. Bending you over and making you take it, but its ok. We bought you ice cream .

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:54 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I am no longer making user maps for Mechwarrior: Living Legends.... I am now making OFFICIAL maps. Smile

As the newest member of the MWLL Dev team, I really hope you guys can find a way to get the game and support me. It feels great to be contributing content to the Mechwarrior community after a decade of consuming it.

Parker and I started on a new map project this weekend. We decided to try our hand at the type of map that has been generally deemed too time consuming or simply not possible. I think this little 30 second video showing our progress over two days is what pushed my application to join the team over the top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87jWMvUSDMc

Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:40 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Wow, pretty impressive. Did you have to drop each building or was their a strip texture?

A nation of wolves run by sheep!
Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:49 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

They are in 400mx400m blocks. Usually 4 big buildings and a few smaller ones. Placing them is easy that way, and the game loads them a lot better with each block being a single object... the hard part is getting the models in to the game and getting them textured.

I'm faking textures by assigning different materials to parts of the model itself. usually it's easy, but with 5 or 6 buildings and a max of 32 materials per object. I actually bought the models and used three different pieces of software to get them in to the Crysis engine. We had to resize them to 30X their original size and clean them p quite a bit. They came with 70 to 80 materials for each block, so we had to completely redo those. It's slow, bit a few hours per block instead of days trying to do it from scratch. We'll have city maps to test phase in about a month. (we being me and Parker, who is turning out to be pretty good at this stuff).

That video has the first 10 blocks without textures. We have a total of 50 blocks with unique buildings, as well as some other non-block buildings like a space-port and citadel.

I want to do remakes of big city, inner-city and central park. Starting with the easiest one.

Download Post   
Viper_Kilo
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
6965 Points

USA US Iowa
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:35 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

fuckin right man, good work

Download Post   
DDM_Dragonlord
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Warrant Officer 1st Class
5628 Points

Norway NO Buskerud
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:13 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Got a few things to say here.

First off I'd like to conratulate you sal for becomming a part of the dev team at MWLL.
saw it firts time when looking for the new user made maps.

Next off, looked at the pics of the Desolation map and the place looks awsome. Looking forward to trying out both maps, as well as a 3rd that was available

Then I can say that I got the MWLL mod installed and running about a week ago, and have been enjoying the game greatly.

Still got some issues with controls but working on getting them resolved, and getting some help from the MWLL community by way of the MWLL forums.

Think the last thing on my agenda this time round, would be the new map youre working on.
Looked at the vid and looks great so far. I realise its still a work i progresss, but I have faith it will be a good one once you get it done. Keep up the good work.

Image 160

Death is but a door time is but a window, I'll be back
Download Post   

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic