Death Dealer Mercenaries

what character is good/fun?

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
DDM_TK421DS
Sr. Warrant Officer
Sr. Warrant Officer
5761 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:45 am   Post subject:  what character is good/fun? Back to top 

I was looking at the warhammer sight..........

I want to move away from the warrior............

which of these are good?
Bright Wizard
Archmage

Or
Shadow warrior
Swordmaster

I think I would really like to be a caster of sorts but do not really want to have to be a healer

But, If being a healer isn't so difficult & demanding as in WoW I would consider trying out one for the sake of the group/guild?

I am a warrior at heart, so i may be fooling my self into trying a caster........How much fun is the warrior class??

Download Post  No rating  
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:55 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

They have three types of classes - Damage, Tank, Healer. With the exception of Tank, they can be long range or short range. Melee healers are fun and so are long range damage.

If you want to go caster, I would suggest Bright Wizard, Healer would be Warrior Priest, Tank would be Iron Breaker.

When you say Warrior, are you thinking Tank (Low Damage, High Survival) or Damage (High Damage/Low Survival)

A nation of wolves run by sheep!
Download Post   
DDM_TK421DS
Sr. Warrant Officer
Sr. Warrant Officer
5761 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:37 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

DDM_LordShado wrote (View Post): › They have three types of classes - Damage, Tank, Healer. With the exception of Tank, they can be long range or short range. Melee healers are fun and so are long range damage.

If you want to go caster, I would suggest Bright Wizard, Healer would be Warrior Priest, Tank would be Iron Breaker.

When you say Warrior, are you thinking Tank (Low Damage, High Survival) or Damage (High Damage/Low Survival)

Warrior for me is Highest damage at close range melee with ability to wear highest value armor, but low survival.
?Sword Master?

Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:47 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

For Melee damage - Slayer/White Lion/Witch Hunter

DPS can't wear the highest armor, only tanks can:

White Lions get a lion pet

Witch Hunters get stealth

Slayers get AoE damage

For high Armor (Tanks) - Iron Breaker/Knight of the Blazing Sun/Swordmaster

Iron Breaker - Single tanking

Knights - Auras

Swordmaster - Anti-magic

All the above can put out some damage, but the DPS class does more but dies more. Go with the Swordmaster. If you don't like it, pick a new one Smile

A nation of wolves run by sheep!
Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:17 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

One thing that is a little different in warhammer is that all armor is class specific. The armor classes are just a rough estimate of armor value.. a knight anly wears knight armor and a swordmaster only wears swordmaster armor.

Most of the tank classes can lean toward higher DPS by using a two handed weapon and gear statted for damage if they want to. The DPS classes can't really do too much to increase their survivability.

Download Post   
DDM_Metalfiend
Leutnant Colonel
Leutnant Colonel
5207 Points

USA US Iowa
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:45 pm   Post subject:  Re: what character is good/fun? Back to top 

ikind of like the white lion you can fight with the lion or just let him do all the damage ,,or split off and take on 2 or 3 things at once ,,,,whitch hunter is a harder one to play but does do some decent damage and can survive if equiped right i spose

good to be back
Download Post   

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic