Death Dealer Mercenaries

Getting into a Server on MM - Problem(s)

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
DDM_LuGz
Corporal
Corporal
4925 Points

Canada CA British Columbia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:48 pm   Post subject:  Getting into a Server on MM - Problem(s) Back to top 

Hey guys,

Just a bit of info. I talked with WarFalcon today for a while, seems he went "Inactive" because he was having the same problem as me getting into a Server on Mech-match. So if that "says" anything to anybody, or gives you any insight as to what may have happened, please let us(?) know. --Otherwise I'll see you in a Server in Sept, or whenever the Free MW4 is available.

DDM_Lugz

Download Post  No rating  
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:08 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Is there a hidden message there?? I am not fully understanding what you are saying.

A nation of wolves run by sheep!
Download Post   
DDM_LuGz
Corporal
Corporal
4925 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:24 pm   Post subject:  Re: Getting into a Server on MM - Problem(s) Back to top 

As you know, my ports 2300-2400 seem to be blocked, as by a firewall. -Though no firewall is on. I can see the Servers available on MekMatch, but when I try to enter one I get the error message "Network Problems." I can't get into anyones! I spoke with Falcon on MSN earlier today, he said he got the same "Networking Problems or server might not be there" error, and tried for a week or so & gave up. He said he was moved (On the ZME "Hissss" Evil or Very Mad ) roster down to the Inactive & Wanderers area. -That's all I know. And if anyone else had this problem, or if this info helped with finding a solution in anyway.

Lugz

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:16 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

this is something we were talking about on Comms last week. He has no router, and gets a static address on his computer from his ISP. No firewall that he is aware of, but he still gets the connection problems message when he tries to join a server. A webscan also shows the ports to be blocked. I ran out of idea on what it might be.

Download Post   
SniperStrike
NON MEMBER
NON MEMBER
740 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:49 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

to be helpful i would suggest that you check that your windows firewall has not come on{if a router is in play disable uPnP functions as well as router firewall[somtimes hidden]}you may also try redoing your mekmatch.reg somtimes that helps

Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:11 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

http://www.puffinsoft.com/

Use that to go through other ports. Last thing would be to call the ISP and ask them to open 'em.

Download Post   
DDM_LuGz
Corporal
Corporal
4925 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:13 pm   Post subject:  Re: Getting into a Server on MM - Problem(s) Back to top 

Actually I'll be moving over to a new ISP here in a day or two, just have to lay the wires so were not tripping over them. Then I'll try it again. Thanks for your thoughts.

Lugs ((Siggy, Please?))

Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:21 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

What do you want in your sig? Auger is the one that has been making them lately, just tell him what you want in it and say please Smile

Download Post   
DDM_LuGz
Corporal
Corporal
4925 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:14 pm   Post subject:  Re: Getting into a Server on MM - Problem(s) Back to top 

FYI: Sad I've now tried my new connection on our HighSpeed Wireless, & getting into a server is still a NO-GO!!! "Networking Problems or the server might not be there". --So we now know my ISP is not blocking those ports.--

Next I'll try Mekmatch.reg

Lugz

Lord Shado, I'm not sure about this DXPort software, what is it & how does it work?

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:12 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

dxport will set the game to use a smaller port range, but it won't unblock your ports. There is some kind of software firewall blocking them if the portscan website says they are blocked, and you are not behind a router.

Download Post   
DDM_LuGz
Corporal
Corporal
4925 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:34 pm   Post subject:  Re: Getting into a Server on MM - Problem(s) Back to top 

Okay Dudes,

I've tried renewing my MekMatch.reg a few times now, I went on their website & found the latest one. (Just in-case I'd overlooked something.)

I had also installed .Net Framework 3.0 up to Service Pack 2 a little while back. As well as Java. Do any of you whizzes know if there-in may lie a problem with the Ports or something related?

Lord Shado - I want to try to get to the bottom of this Port debacle before I try the solution you offered. If these Ports are closed, but were not before (say 2-3 months ago), I want to know why. Whats fucking up my shit? You know?

Lugz

Download Post   
DDM_Pyromancer
Hauptmann General
Hauptmann General
7599 Points

USA US Alabama
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:54 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Have you tried making a connection strictly thru the IP to a server? Go into Multiplayer make a new connection uncheck the box for connect to the Zone and manually type in the IP to the server.... Maybe get with Metal on this and get the IP to the Server he puts up.... and see if you can connect that way....

Download Post   
DDM_LuGz
Corporal
Corporal
4925 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:19 pm   Post subject:  Re: Getting into a Server on MM - Problem(s) Back to top 

No, we have tried that a week ago.

Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:51 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Ya know, based on everything that is said here, I agree with Sal. There is something on your end that is causing this. Make sure your MS firewall is completely off. Make sure any other firewall is off. If someone in the house is more tech savy, they may have installed something without you knowing and that might have caused this issue. Generally, if you turn off all the blockers ( MS firewall, Protowall, Symantec, ZoneAlarm, etc) it should fix it.

If you need help closing startups, let me know and we can start a work up on coms and go from there.

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:09 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

We couldn't find what firewall he has. He is running avast antivirus, but that doesn't contain a firewall.. although I found a lot of people saying they couldn't play games after installing it. I think he even tried uninstalling it and it didn't help. My guess is that there is a software firewall that installed as part of a package and he isn't aware of it... or that the windows firewall is borked, and reporting off when it is actually still blocking ports.

Download Post   

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic