Death Dealer Mercenaries

Guild Wars 2 Trailer

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:53 pm   Post subject:  Guild Wars 2 Trailer Back to top 

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/

Looks pretty cool. I wonder if it will be with or without a monthly fee this time around.

Download Post  No rating  
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:02 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I saw the link earlier and thought about posting. Then I looked at the video right after and thought it was crap. It is a marketing still "video" without any in-game or cgi. It has been rumored that it would be monthly because the original model of making chapters wasn't as profitable as they wanted, since not everyone really needed chapters to continue playing.

A nation of wolves run by sheep!
Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:27 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

There is quite a bit of ingame footage, you just have to wait a little while for it. it tells a lot about the game, like the fact that there are 5 races... I think you can even play as a Charr. :0

Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:45 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I figured Charr was one of them, but eh...seems to have too many already from the last chapters.

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:48 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

One of the races has robots... Razz

Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:07 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

AO has robots...called Engineer. Remember you tricked Metal into being a Atrox Engi? Razz

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:12 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

AO only has ghey robots.

Download Post   
DDM_Metalfiend
Leutnant Colonel
Leutnant Colonel
5207 Points

USA US Iowa
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:17 am   Post subject:  Re: Guild Wars 2 Trailer Back to top 

iono looks purty cool from what they show of it but then it also looks like just more of the same but i think being and "engineer" would be the same as a necro or something whioch got severley messed up later into the first game

good to be back
Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:04 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

It does look a lot like it would be more of the same, but the interview I read sounds pretty cool.

They are talking about procedurally generated open world quests, which could be great or super-lame. So you and your group just start walking through the world and events should happen around you that need your attention, like bad guys attacking an outpost or holding it after having already take in from your side. They said there won't be traditional quests and no floating exclamation points over people's heads.

They all like to tell us how different their game is going to be and then launch with a carbon copy of WoW.... Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Download Post   
DDM_LuGz
Corporal
Corporal
4925 Points

Canada CA British Columbia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:14 pm   Post subject:  Re: Guild Wars 2 Trailer Back to top 

Alright, I have a lot to say about this swill, Gaywars.

First: As mentioned above, this is a marketing video. Remember the video's from the original GayWars? They were like "cartoonie" and shit? Looked real good, "Oooo I wanna play." --Bullshit. Can you go "Inside" any of those buildings? -No. "Inside" a dungeon? -No. -Even when your inside your actually outside, in like a canyon or some shit.

Second: Everyone looks exactly the same in the original. What makes you think these dicks are going to do a better job of that little "oversight" this time around? I can tell by this trailer, that those "characters" in the trailer will be the only ones in the game. -Which is fine if your playing privately off-line. They'll all look the same again. That fighter, all fighters will look like. Etc... It'll get old real fast, trust me.

Third: The "Jazzy" looking cities. "Oooo, can't wait to go exploring them". Bull. In the original you couldn't. The "Background" or backdrop had some cool cities, but you could never go in them, huge beautiful ships, but you couldn't ever go aboard them. On the "Loading City Screen" the landscape & city in the painting seemed so lush, but the city was devoid of interest, and you couldn't go in any of the buildings. Hell, there wasn't even a pub or inn.

I had my copy given to me free, as well as an account with pre-made characters. But it SUCKED so bad I couldn't force my self to play.

Fourth: Compare GayWars with say? NeverWinter Nights 1 or 2, and you have a better game... & toolsets to make more.

Enough said. Comments?

Lugz

Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:52 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I agree with you on a lot of points you made, several that I never noticed or where ever brought up before. GW was my first MMO, if you would even call it that. And the things you bring up make a lot of weight, compared to other MMO's. Everything was in the town, "shops", "armor", ""guild halls"" (double quotes on purpose). Yes, GW1 was a fun game and very pretty, but it did lack a lot of depth, compared to everything else on the shelf, this is why I started off leery in the first place.

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:05 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I was hesitant to play the first one too. A few guys on the team were playing so I finally decided to give it a shot, and I have some great memories of playing that game with all my bros. I know when it comes down to it, we can enjoy anything we play together, but not a lot of gaming experiences compare to the year we had like 20 people playing Guild Wars from my back room at CON.

I never considered Guild Wars to be an MMO. It is missing so many of the features I expect in a good one, not the lest important being a monthly fee. I think the lack of a monthly fee is the real reason we could get so many of us playing it... that and gumby buying every copy in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Wink

The new on is going to be a very different game... with an open world rather than just team instances, crafting, mountsx... a lot of the things people expect from a modern MMO. The real question left for me is whether or not it will have a monthly fee.

Download Post   
DDM_LuGz
Corporal
Corporal
4925 Points

Canada CA British Columbia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:23 pm   Post subject:  Re: Guild Wars 2 Trailer Back to top 

It played much like a consoul game actually, didn't it.

But will all the various player-characters look the same? Any individuality? I mean, why pay for the same-old same-old? I'd also heard a rumor that there would be no level cap. --I think I saw that in a PC gamer... I'll try & find a link.

Download Post   

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic