Death Dealer Mercenaries

WAAAGH!!!

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:50 pm   Post subject:  WAAAGH!!! Back to top 

I can't believe no one wants to play this game with us. It really does kick ass. It took a while, a server transfer and a re-roll for the game to really grow on me.... but now I love it. I haven't enjoyed a game this much in years. Maybe since we were playing guild wars, and that was woefully brief.

Since launch they added a separate influence system for open world RvR, and it completely changed how people are playing the game. I have been playing 5 or 6.. or 12 hours a day doing Keep siege and defense pretty much all the time.

The open party system is great. No standing around yelling for what you need. Just start playing and the group fills up as you go along. We always start out playing with our group of three and we usually have a full warband of 24 within 10 or 15 minutes. Then we just roll through the maps taking keeps and trying to hold them, sometimes getting our asses handed to us, but generally handing out more than we receive.

Each RvR region has it's own influence rewards and they are different for each area in a tier, so if you spend time in each one you end up with some bad ass purple gear, or gold gear if you roll good after a keep siege. Your renown goes up with kills, caps and defense too, so you get several different choices on gear just from RvR.

I'm having so much fun playing, I dont even care if I level. It's just a pleasant side effect. I was starting to think i was just bored with MMOs all together, but it turns out I was just bored with stupid quests. Quests designed with the sole purpose of making me spend time to buy a reward. Then I could use that reward to make me slightly more effective while I spend some more of my time to buy a marginally better reward again. Now, I just want to log on and kick some Destro out of our keeps, or better yet, out of theirs. All the same carrots exist to motivate me, but I dont have to mindlessly jump through hoops to get them.

If haven't played the game yet, I have some free trial codes I can give out. I'll even roll an alt to level with you. The RvR is pretty good at every level right now. If you have played, it only costs 15 bucks to see how much better it is now than it was at launch. Smile

Download Post  No rating  
SoulBandit
NON MEMBER
NON MEMBER
4869 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:32 pm   Post subject:  Re: WAAAGH!!! Back to top 

Or better yet Razz come back to MW4 and it wont cost you a dime you already have the stuff lol

Download Post   
Viper_Kilo
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
6965 Points

USA US Iowa
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:55 am   Post subject:  Re: WAAAGH!!! Back to top 

mech 4's new update needs like a progressive level up system, just for show though, or maybe a seperate game mode were mechs equipment weapons are gained CoD4 style

thatll bring us MMO'er back

FUCK IT DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE NEED A GOD DAMNED MECH FUCKING WARRIOR MASSIVELY MULTI PLAYER ONLINE GAME Please refer to the dedicated topic im sure to post for more inforemation

DDM. Bending you over and making you take it, but its ok. We bought you ice cream .

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:29 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

The only thing that would bring me back to Mech4 is a time machine. If I could back to the time when people played the game as intended. Before they had years to find and exploit every bug and cheap tactic imaginable.... before pop-tarts and dumbing down of heat management.

Barring that, I'll keep playing MMOs and waiting for Mech 5.

Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:03 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

You are all order now? I tried a keep siege once and lagged so bad, it was horrendous. I truly do like the game, but flicker/flash/flush really kills the game for me. As soon as I am a little more updated, I will be on, unless you don't mind doing small stuff without groups, else its a badly recreated 1920's crank movie for me Sad

A nation of wolves run by sheep!
Download Post   
SoulBandit
NON MEMBER
NON MEMBER
4869 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:37 pm   Post subject:  Re: WAAAGH!!! Back to top 

I guess the first question Shado, would be have you located your mech disks lol. As for flicker flash flush maybe a memory upgrade is in order, and perhaps more heat savy configurations. Ever since mekpak 1 when jehoser and crew upped the heat generation of the weapons and reduced heatsink effeciency heat has been a pain at best but smart builds can still pack a significant punch without the consistant shut down issues.

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:51 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

My Warrior Priest is still lower level, but only by a few now. I dunno why, I just like order better after playing both.

I had to turn off all the spell effects to run good in keep sieges, but the effects are annoying anyway. Hopefully you can get upgraded soon and try some big RvR battles out.

We just spent the last few hours defending a keep where we were way outnumbered. we just kept pulling back in to the lord room. It's tough to take the lord out if there are people defending him.. so made him defend us and picked em off, healers first then dps then the big fat shiny dist rations.

We would get them pushed out the door and down the hill and more would show up and push us back in to the lord room. We had archers and dwarf engineers and priests all lining the top of the castle, a crew guarding the back door and little skirmish parties scouting them out. We were probably about 30 against 50 by the end.. and we finally made them give up and leave the map. Smile

Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:55 pm   Post subject:  Re: WAAAGH!!! Back to top 

Quote: › I guess the first question Shado, would be have you located your mech disks lol

No, I have not.

Quote: › As for flicker flash flush maybe a memory upgrade is in order, and perhaps more heat savy configurations.

I am at the limit of upgrades on this computer (7 years ish old, Wing?). The game minimum specs call for 2.6 gHz on a dual core (3 point something on a single) and I have 2.0 on a single core. By all rights, even with everything turned off, I should not be able to even run the game.

Quote: › I dunno why, I just like order better after playing both.

Hopefully I can find an order toon that I like. They don't look appealing at first glance.

Quote: › We just spent the last few hours defending a keep

I would have never made it to the gates with the lag I would have had.

Soon, my child, soon.

A nation of wolves run by sheep!
Download Post   
DDM_Metalfiend
Leutnant Colonel
Leutnant Colonel
5207 Points

USA US Iowa
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:16 pm   Post subject:  Re: WAAAGH!!! Back to top 

shady you could get yourself a best buy card with 0% for 6 motnhs (unless you already have 1) and get yourself a comp that would be right up there with me and pyro,,sal and rusty for a little less than prolly 700 bucks which is cheap since me and pyro prolly paid around the 1500 mark for ours and i have seen em in the best buy circulars for around 500,,bump up the vid card and power suppl and your at 700 and i would deffinatley go for the 3 yr warranty ,,just because it is best buy,,hehe

just a suggestion is all

besides you got that phat monitor all goin to waste with your hooptie rig ,,lol

good to be back
Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:21 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

What we are usually short on in our regular group is DPS. They are adding a new dwarf DPS class soon, along with an orc DPS. The witch hunter is a pretty cool class too, if you wanna play a human.

I just got my mount today. lvl 20 and renown rank 20. I would like to have an alt at the middle to the top of each teir. I was thinking about trying out a dwarf healer next.

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:42 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Download Post   
Wing0
NON MEMBER
NON MEMBER
2533 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:29 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

DDM_Salvatoris wrote (View Post): › The only thing that would bring me back to Mech4 is a time machine. If I could back to the time when people played the game as intended. Before they had years to find and exploit every bug and cheap tactic imaginable.... before pop-tarts and dumbing down of heat management.

Barring that, I'll keep playing MMOs and waiting for Mech 5.
I'll get right on that, Sal. I do have a degree in physics now. Razz Don't cha know?

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:54 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Maybe you can make a time machine that will carry the people still playing mech forward to the present day. Razz

Download Post   
Wing0
NON MEMBER
NON MEMBER
2533 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:22 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

There's nothing wrong with being nostalgic. Razz

Download Post   
SoulBandit
NON MEMBER
NON MEMBER
4869 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:05 am   Post subject:  Re: WAAAGH!!! Back to top 

Nothing beats a live action FPS like mech, it so rules over any epic fail MMO

Download Post   

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic