Death Dealer Mercenaries

Age of Conan --- May 20th

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu May 08, 2008 6:04 am   Post subject:  Age of Conan --- May 20th Back to top 

It's less than two weeks until Conan launches... who is still planning to play?

Download Post  No rating  
DDM_Roag_Oiram
Leutnant
Leutnant
1508 Points

USA US Hawaii
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu May 08, 2008 12:00 pm   Post subject:  Re: Age of Conan --- May 20th Back to top 

depends on if we have to pay...

I want to be a Chairborne Ranger!!!
Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu May 08, 2008 3:55 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yes, you will have to pay. Funcom won't let this one go for free.

I currently will not be able to play due to being below the minimum requirements (3.0 gHz) by a lot more than I am below TR (2.5 gHz). TR is generally 5 FPS, with many times dropping to 1 FPS. I don't think that AoC will do fractions for FPS.

A nation of wolves run by sheep!
Download Post   
DDM_Pyromancer
Hauptmann General
Hauptmann General
7599 Points

USA US Alabama
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu May 08, 2008 4:39 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I plan to play but are we sure about that date?? I was under the impression that they just added 500 new Closed Beta Testers to that game....Seems to me that if thats the case it might not be ready by then....

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu May 08, 2008 6:51 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

The date should be solid. They are in open beta for all file-planet subs already, early access for preorders is about a week away. We preordered, but I am not going to start until launch day.

What's your upgrade ballpark Shady?

Download Post   
Tane00
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
962 Points

USA US Nebraska
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu May 08, 2008 7:44 pm   Post subject:  Re: Age of Conan --- May 20th Back to top 

i may try it out, seems like an interesting game

ALL UR FACE R BELONG TO ME!!!!
Download Post   
DDM_Roag_Oiram
Leutnant
Leutnant
1508 Points

USA US Hawaii
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri May 09, 2008 10:50 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

DDM_LordShado wrote (View Post): › Yes, you will have to pay. Funcom won't let this one go for free.

I currently will not be able to play due to being below the minimum requirements (3.0 gHz) by a lot more than I am below TR (2.5 gHz). TR is generally 5 FPS, with many times dropping to 1 FPS. I don't think that AoC will do fractions for FPS.

OMG Shado with Legacy equipment ? say it aint so... By the way. I have no idea what you are talkning about. Guess I will have to go to the site and look into the specs.

Kinda mixed. I wanna check it out with you guys. Would be cool to get into something like this from the ground up. but then I'm on an anual subscription with AO and spend a hell of a lot of time in it.

Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri May 09, 2008 4:00 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

DDM_Salvatoris wrote (View Post): › What's your upgrade ballpark Shady?

As soon as the hizza sells. The longer it takes, the more I shave off, thou Sad

DDM_Roag_Oiram wrote: › OMG Shado with Legacy equipment ? say it aint so...

Dood, I am almost perma Legacy. Have had the same comp for close to 6 years?

Download Post   
DDM_Reijklin
General
General
850 Points

USA US Oregon
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri May 09, 2008 8:12 pm   Post subject:  Re: Age of Conan --- May 20th Back to top 

I'm below the mq's for a system even on the desktop PC I use for photo editing, and it's a monster....plus I can't afford another game at the moment.

Besides, if I took up another game while I'm playing AO, I think Red would kill me. Laughing

Download Post   
DDM_Roag_Oiram
Leutnant
Leutnant
1508 Points

USA US Hawaii
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu May 15, 2008 6:50 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I'm thinking I'm might need a break from AO. I find I'm hating people more and more. Razz

Anyone got info on prices ? what server we will be on? etc ?

Download Post   
DDM_Metalfiend
Leutnant Colonel
Leutnant Colonel
5207 Points

USA US Iowa
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu May 15, 2008 2:32 pm   Post subject:  Re: Age of Conan --- May 20th Back to top 

the 1 thing you got to remember is that it is funcom so as soon as they launch it will have a huge patch to fix some stuff which will completely wreck something else Wink i will give it a try once i get back to work if i get back to work that is Question

good to be back
Download Post   
DDM_Reijklin
General
General
850 Points

USA US Oregon
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu May 15, 2008 8:47 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

DDM_Roag_Oiram wrote (View Post): › I'm thinking I'm might need a break from AO. I find I'm hating people more and more. Razz

Anyone got info on prices ? what server we will be on? etc ?

That's one major reason I took a break last summer, into late last fall. I'd gotten really discouraged and found that my gaming was cutting into my real life.

Download Post   
DDM_Roag_Oiram
Leutnant
Leutnant
1508 Points

USA US Hawaii
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 19, 2008 12:17 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I went ahead and ordered. Pre-order was sold out.

Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 19, 2008 3:43 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

How do they sell out of pre-order??

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon May 19, 2008 5:26 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Early Access was "sold out". Which is a load of BS. We were supposed to get early access with a pre-order, but somehow they it's sold out... weird that there is somehow a finite amount of early access... It doesn't really bode well for the game. If the servers cant support all the preorders, how the hell will they be ready for live three days later?

I'll post which server we are on tomorrow.

Download Post   

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic