Death Dealer Mercenaries

Practice Comments

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Wing0
NON MEMBER
NON MEMBER
2533 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:43 pm   Post subject:  Practice Comments Back to top 

Hello's peoples... I have decided to post some comments on the "practice" we had yesterday. LOL Don't mind the quotes, I just hate the word practice in the context of gaming.

First off, after playing 3 games with you.. I believe I have some useful things to say that could make you improve.

Kalliope, my guess is that you are new to the game as during the first match I noticed what I would regard as some timidity. You tended to crunch up against the wall, which is a sound tactic in theory, but an experienced light pilot won't care. The best thing for you to do is get some mechs with a little bit more punch that suits your taste and get you to keep moving with your teammates. In our last battle (the one that we teamed together on, you tended to move in the opposite direction from me...) In a league match that would not work to well; although in the case last night it did just fine, we happened to beat out both teams combined by a few hundred points. I did a little calculation.. you scored 5769/130942.0 total points, putting you at ~10% under the standard avg. Also you were away for most of the 2nd fight. You scored about 100 points per minute (PPMs are what I consider the true caliber of a player).

Soul, you seem to be knocking the rust off nicely, but you too had the issue of taking large mechs and getting separated from your team. In the gladiator pit match, you and kalliope should have probably moved in to back up match and angery. Those two are great light pilots, but when they go up against 2 big ones, who are winged by a light mech pilot... their effectiveness rapidly decreases. Also, be careful with HEAP AGLs.. my normal tactic is to close quickly and force the player to drop them on themselves. This was out of the question last night as FF was off, but in a league setting it'd be ownage. You showed some light mech competance in the games we played ourselves, I think you should search for a medium balance of power and agility. You scored 11139/130942.0 total points with a deviation of -5% from the standard avg. You scored 139 PPM.

Angery, stick to the lights bro. You have incredible skills with that Uller, and when you took it, you were sticking with my pointage. There is no reason to change that stylage, as you see from when I winged with Kalliope. You got the skills, use 'em. In team notes, when you took lights you stuck to Match well, minus the cases when we had you streaming in 1 at a time. In the larger mechs, you and Soul had to regroup a few times. You claimed 23703/130942.0 points , +3.8% compared to the standard avg. Factoring in your time away you got about 340 PPM.

Counter, we need to get your proficiency in smaller mechs a little bit up to speed. You and Match demonstrated an effective method of dealing with lights in the last match, but the same note for your dad goes to you as well. With FF on, the tactic wouldn't be available. (Also, most leagues banned the HEAP a while ago). Overall though, you stuck to your game plan, which is a huge portion of battle ability, and quite frankly it is essential to success. But, from my observations last night, you have engaged in more of a top - down training, when we need to go Bottom - up. You scored 14391/130942.0 of the total points, with a deviation of of -3.2%. You scored 180 PPM.

Match, your strength is lights Smile Although that Thor was quite interesting and a pain in the ass. There was some streaming going on in some of those matches. When we were in the same place we did a lot more damage, and when you and Angery came in together it was a hectic barrage for me to help the heavies. But, from the statistics, your light mech performance was much better, putting you at the 0% of the standard deviation. When you factor everything in though, you scored 13975/130942.0 of the total points, with -3.6% to the avg. You scored 175 PPM total, with your light performace at 250 PPM.

Now, I'm going to be a cocky son of a bitch. My team tactics sucked for the most part, especially in games 2 and 3 when I was running my ass around, but my performance is what you need to shoot for if you are thinking of league participation. Individually, I can dance with many, and out of the numerous DDMrs in history who made #1 on Zstats, I was one of them, and even with that, against a solid team, it would be difficult to play as I did last night and win. Sure, I would score the same pointage, but you are only as strong as your team. Last night, I scored 650 PPM and banked 51777.0/130942 of the total points, for a deviation of +25%. That's the kind of shit we all need to shoot for and everyone can still get better. Near the end of MWL, Shady and I were taking out teams.. even undefeated teams 2vs3 because we didn't have the manpower to get a full field. Generally when Shady and I fight together, we get approx the same score.. That is the way to win games. All players need to be on the same field. That said... there was some good fun shit last night, and it brought back some memories. So if you want, I'll try to show you all that I can, and we can go from there.

Da Colonel,
Wing T.F. McCallister

Download Post  No rating  
Kalliope
NON MEMBER
NON MEMBER
58 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:49 pm   Post subject:  Re: Practice Comments Back to top 

Thanks for the tips, and letting me know where I stand overall. I am a little new, as I've only been playing for about 3 months now. I tend to go for the bigger mechs, and I have kicked some ass, if I do say so myself. LOL I was a little off my game last night, but I offer no excuses.
Thanks, Wing, for the advice. Smile Criticism is welcome, and appreciated.

Download Post   
Wing0
NON MEMBER
NON MEMBER
2533 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:53 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Razz Dun worry about it, I figured you were newer than the other players. I've been playing Mech games since the mid 90s, it doesn't take a lot of effort to spot. But, for a newer player you have some great elements, the fact that you score 100 PPM at your level is great, but I think .. as I said with Counter, there is a little too much top - down training. In other words, you gravitate towards training with the heavies. The best thing to do is start light and work your way up. That way, even when you are in an assault class, you know how to deal with little pests, such as myself Smile.

Download Post   
Wing0
NON MEMBER
NON MEMBER
2533 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:47 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Guess what.. here's the break down. Let's see how it looks.

Angery, you set the bar high tonight and put up consistant numbers. I think the big thing you bring to the group is the ability to give and take calls. It helps a lot on the battlefield, and we all need to follow that particular example. Your PPM score, shot up tonight with an impresive 521.4 PPM. In one game you were doing 800 PPM. I'd suggest trying to stick it out with your mechs though. Sometimes you can find grooves with shit if you stay with it for a few minutes longer.

Blze, it's good to see you back in action. You put up a great performance while knocking off the rust. I think in the last match you needed a bit more companionship with your mates, the attack was a little disjointed. You also tried a Raven today and did quite well. In your first game back you scored ~250 PPM.

Counter, you rose your PPMs to 225 even when you fulfillled a support role in the last match. That is a big improvement. I think your biggest problem comes from frustration. It was clear tonight, that like many of us, you get rawr'd when things aren't going quite right. That needs to be directed into something productive. For example, at the start of the lunacy match you and kalliope tended to feed in. It was only after about 20 minutes that you held ground and fought together. Also in the Gatorbait match we had a solid plan and executed it well. It is in those instances of a solid tactical structure that you seem to thrive.

Soul, you also knocked it up tonight, and improved to 170 PPM. I think your greatest asset is that you bring tranquility to the team. You didn't get antzy in that Lunacy match, and had no problem owning from the backfield while Angery and I did our thing. Some points tonight, you were a little disjointed from the group, but you always provided solid fire when need be. I just have this feeling though, that your volume switch can be turned up. There is more to your skill that needs to come out.

Kalliope, you have a tendency to hold still in light mechs.. don't do it. Smile Move around in your light, feel the flow, torso twist, and don't take a puma. Razz Try something like a raven or an uller. You also listened quite well during the Gatorbait match, and tagged with me. Even though you didn't do a lot of damage (you did more than I did my first GB match), you drew in the fire and aided me enough to get the job done. You just need to explore the mech world a little bit more. You improved your PPM rate to 110.

For those who want the Wingness Checkpoint:
PPM: 815.16 PPMmax (30 minute game): 1128.9
Solid improvement tonight, and as always, a lot of fun.

Download Post   
DDM_Black6
Leutnant
Leutnant
4125 Points

Australia AU South Australia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:54 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

lol.... I really need to get this game going again....lol

Download Post   
Wing0
NON MEMBER
NON MEMBER
2533 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:13 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hey 6, we could use your assault skills. You know I'm the light-medium guy lol. They need to see that battlemaster of yours. BTW, the DDMEC site is back up for business and I got a fresh supply of Formula 6 mechs coming. Smile

Download Post   
DDM_Black6
Leutnant
Leutnant
4125 Points

Australia AU South Australia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:55 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I will kill you ... Evil or Very Mad
kill you all !!!!! Twisted Evil
in the Battlemaster ,
in the Bloodasp,
in GK's Black betty.
I found that with all the patches, some of the most reliable configs, such as a typical lbx boat are still the best.
I'll load up, practice in the opens a bit under my lbx booby clan names like "pamela thunderbolt bra", "Hazel Boobylbx", or maybe just Owen,Blake or plain olde 6...
Look for me as I maybe behind you.. Twisted Evil
Who knows maybe shado might come out and play....if he's game Wink .
I think a game of "BASH THE BOSS" would be a great night.

Download Post   
Wing0
NON MEMBER
NON MEMBER
2533 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:16 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I asked him a couple days ago, lol, he told me he had to go to sleep. Oh well...

Download Post   
SoulBandit
NON MEMBER
NON MEMBER
4869 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:25 pm   Post subject:  Re: Practice Comments Back to top 

The big question is how many more of the DDM family are willing to shed their feathers and play the good ole game of mech?

Download Post   
Wing0
NON MEMBER
NON MEMBER
2533 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:13 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

More comments:

We tried sniping games, and the results could not be more indicative as to why I enjoy the fast paced world of the brawl.. PPMs dropped sharply.

Kalliope 8.1 PPM -> Of course that was only one game and your first on PG, but you need to make sure that you're not just standing out of cover. When I jumped there was no waiting to see if you would move to the open as I had a clear shot right off the bat. Lesson: don't hold still unless you're behind a wall and even then keep alert.

Counter: 98.475 PPM. We had solid teamwork in the games we played together and concentrated our fire as needed. One thing I did see though in the PG fight was that you tended to hang in the gap between the walls as opposed to using it for cover. And you're also quick to engage and get emotional about it. Nothing wrong with getting into the passion of the game, just try to keep your wits when ya do it.

Blze: 146.465 PPM. You're continuing to knock the rust off but you need to develop your defense against lighter mechs. In that 2 on 1 medium vs 2 assault match, I was able to eat your armor like a fat kid at McDonald's.

Soul: 153.565 PPM Your tactical visions are coming through in the battles, it was obvious in that PG game, but we need to work on more effective communication. Crossfire only works if the enemy has a collapsed central position. Once interior lines open up, I can pull a fucking Jena-Auerstadt on your asses.

Myself: 596.329 PPM. Clearly, what I need to work on is jumping walls and timing the shots. I'm sure many of you noticed my firing into the walls or jumping too high to get a shot. I also broke a major rule of sniping several times, and jumped a vertical arc. Don't follow that trend.. there should always be 3 dimensions of motion in a jump. Although, my accuracy was up a bit from the Frostbite game. So it's coming along nicely.

Download Post   
Matchstick
NON MEMBER
NON MEMBER
7 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:37 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

LOL I'm always in smaller mechs....I love the speed of it all and I'm going to change my name but I'll let you ppl see on the weekend.....LOL wing I think you would now what the name is from.... LOL

my fav thing to hear on comms "GOD DAM IT MATCH''''
Download Post   
Wing0
NON MEMBER
NON MEMBER
2533 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:40 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

LOL Don't make it Skull1, lol I did that in the Heavy Gear 2 days... it's just weird.

Download Post   
Matchstick
NON MEMBER
NON MEMBER
7 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:45 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

just call me Rick Hunter LOL

my fav thing to hear on comms "GOD DAM IT MATCH''''
Download Post   
SoulBandit
NON MEMBER
NON MEMBER
4869 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:11 pm   Post subject:  Re: Practice Comments Back to top 

lmao whats another name for Rick........

Download Post   
Wing0
NON MEMBER
NON MEMBER
2533 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:38 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hikaru Ichijo

Download Post   

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic