Death Dealer Mercenaries

Didnt see anything about this.. so..

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
DDM_ChaosGryphon
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
209 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:16 pm   Post subject:  Didnt see anything about this.. so.. Back to top 

Ans just an FYI. There is a Mechwarrior Mod team who has already begun MOD development utilizing the CRY2 Engine.

Check out the news at www.totalcrysis.com I have been away from Mechwarrior for so long but it looks like they have a highly detailed Hauphtman already modeled..

You may have to check the NEWS forums if you do not see any mechs on the the front page..

Also they are having a vote as to which Vulture folks want to see.. The Classic Mad Dog or the MW4 Vulture.

Check it out and I hope to see you guys in CRYSIS..

Download Post  No rating  
DDM_Pyromancer
Hauptmann General
Hauptmann General
7599 Points

USA US Alabama
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:46 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I noticed a few interesting names spread out in there...For instance that Mod leader goes by Criminal and that Raven modeler goes by Kamikaze.. I wander if that could be some of our old people... They were brothers

Download Post   
DDM_Pyromancer
Hauptmann General
Hauptmann General
7599 Points

USA US Alabama
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:50 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Has to be them if you lookup thier contact info they are both from Canada too

Download Post   
DDM_ChaosGryphon
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
209 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:26 pm   Post subject:  Re: Didnt see anything about this.. so.. Back to top 

mektek guys? or DDM guys?? All i know is some of the stuff that they have already modeled blow my mind.

I cannot imagine what this would look like in the CRY2 enviroment.. drool.. could be the MW5 we all dreamed of..

the Crytek team has been real open by all accounts and trying to attract as many mod teams and pro developers to use their engine. Already some BF mod teams have started up mods using this engine.

Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:25 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Both were DDM. Kami was around more than Criminal, usually was hanging with Eyz and always was in a Thor.

I remember seeing some various stuff from them a long time ago, which was leaning in this direction.

A nation of wolves run by sheep!
Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:05 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Good luck to them... but I'll get excited about it when it comes out. I don't even get my hopes up any more when it comes to mech mods.

Download Post   
DDM_Pyromancer
Hauptmann General
Hauptmann General
7599 Points

USA US Alabama
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:35 am   Post subject:  Re: Didnt see anything about this.. so.. Back to top 

It is them got this reply from Kami this morning.....

Yo Pyro,

Yeah dude, it's us. The Canadian brothers are still around. This time though we're rekindling the faith for MechWarrior. Even though other teams have tried, we will succeed where they have failed. This mod is growing too big and too

fast to fizzle out now. We have Two main server Sponsors that have agreed to provide free servers and service to our cause - MYIS and Clanwarz. We also have many partners that have tide into our networks that we keep in contact on a regular basis. We have even gotten permission from Microsoft to use the MechWarrior name for free public access and not profit use.

Oh the memories are all coming back. The good old days of the DDM all-stars and the year long BZ #1 spot. Even though MW4 is a good game, the platform is just so old and needs something new, hence our mod.

I knew it was only a matter of time before DDM caught wind of our project. We even peaked in on the site on rare occasion to see that you all have branched off into different games. I'm glad to see that Salvatoris finally had the website re-done. That old DDM flash and BZ awards had gotten obsolete.

It seems like most of you on the forums like our progress and wouldn't mind seeing your guys' input about the mod on MWLL forums.

Until then, keep up the good fight ya Pyromaniac.

Kamikaze

Wouldnt hurt to signup to thier Forums and maybe get a DDM logo embedded in that MOD somewhere... It looks promising to me that they are making a MOD for a game that hasnt even been released yet.... Atleast its not something old that everyone is already tired of playing.....

Download Post   
DDM_ChaosGryphon
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
209 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:47 am   Post subject:  Re: Didnt see anything about this.. so.. Back to top 

just knowing that this mod is being made by former DDM members is just sweet. I dont think they were still members whem i joined. (bout the time of the split with Eagl eyes)

But i am definatly gonna sign up on the site and show support. They had recently decided to moved away from the QW engine and go with Crysis. If you guys havent seen thier work go chek it out.. its pretty freaking sweet..

http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/

here is a link to thier gallery .. btw i misspoke earlier it was not a Huaphtman but a Fafnir.. Check this out..

http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/component/option,com_zoom/Itemid,67/catid,12/

also after browising thier forums a bit, i noticed a post from Criminal that Kamikaze has been hired by BioWare..

Download Post   
DDM_Roag_Oiram
Leutnant
Leutnant
1508 Points

USA US Hawaii
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:16 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Criminal was kind of once in a while when I joined. ONly met him once or twice. Kami kinda faded and stopped replying to me when I would see him in opens. I guess he's over what was bugging him.

I want to be a Chairborne Ranger!!!
Download Post   
Wing0
NON MEMBER
NON MEMBER
2533 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:07 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

It is Kami Razz HAACKIN' BALLS.. lol brought back some memories talking to him, eh Razz

Download Post   

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic