Death Dealer Mercenaries

Trying to get back in the game, need some tech help

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
DDM_GateKeeper
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
2955 Points

USA US Pennsylvania
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:48 pm   Post subject:  Trying to get back in the game, need some tech help Back to top 

So I've downloaded this mekmatch zip file. When I extract it and click on the mekmatch thingy, I just get a notepad doc, nothing like what they said I should see.

I tried manually editing the line in c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc (I run XP, so it should work according to the guide). It looked just like the one they showed in the example, but the edit doesn't seem to be doing anything.

HELP!

Download Post  No rating  
Wing0
NON MEMBER
NON MEMBER
2533 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:46 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I could try to send you the REG Key directly.

Download Post   
DDM_GateKeeper
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
2955 Points

USA US Pennsylvania
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:04 pm   Post subject:  Re: Trying to get back in the game, need some tech help Back to top 

Cool, gimme a holler if you see me on MSN Cool

Download Post   
DDM_GateKeeper
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
2955 Points

USA US Pennsylvania
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:53 pm   Post subject:  Re: Trying to get back in the game, need some tech help Back to top 

When I unzip the file I get this;

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\MechWarrior Mercenaries]

"ZoneServer"="mekmatch.mektek.net"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\MechWarrior Mercenaries]

"Zone"="mekmatch.mektek.net"

in NOTEPAD form. The same result when I use the file Wing0 sent me. I'm on MSN if anyone can help me with this last obstacle Rolling Eyes

Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:19 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

So, do those keys exist in your registry?

A nation of wolves run by sheep!
Download Post   
DDM_GateKeeper
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
2955 Points

USA US Pennsylvania
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:03 pm   Post subject:  Re: Trying to get back in the game, need some tech help Back to top 

Hi, my name is GateKeeper Wink

I am totally clueless on tech stuff...What is a registry and how do I check this?

EDIT;

This is the LAST issue I have. Games (veng bk mercs and both is and clan packs) are installed and updated. MekPaks are installed as well as most maps (there is a fukkin boatload). I have all my best configs in the bay. Comms is op ready. Allz I need is this file to work and I'm in.

Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:28 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Email the file to me and I will prepare it for you.

Download Post   
SoulBandit
NON MEMBER
NON MEMBER
4869 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:53 pm   Post subject:  Re: Trying to get back in the game, need some tech help Back to top 

Ok let me get this straight. You are having trouble getting into the mekmatch side of the ingame server? If that is the case all you need to do is this. Go into the MechWarrior folder in microsoft games and find the little icon (select to view by icon) of the registry key for mekmatch.
Once found double click it and answer yes and OK then VIOLA! you are ready to access the mekmatch side of the ingame servers.

P.S. Sniper and I have set up a full time dedicated server on mekmatch Wink

Download Post   
DDM_GateKeeper
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
2955 Points

USA US Pennsylvania
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:49 pm   Post subject:  Re: Trying to get back in the game, need some tech help Back to top 

It comes up as a notepad file, I need to change the extension I think in the file name...is it .reg?

Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:29 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yep, that is what I was looking for. If it is already a .reg file, right click on it and choose "Merge".

Download Post   
DDM_GateKeeper
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
2955 Points

USA US Pennsylvania
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:52 am   Post subject:  Re: Trying to get back in the game, need some tech help Back to top 

OK, I do that merge and a notepad window comes up that has this on the notepad (The file is now called "mekmatch.reg");

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\MechWarrior Mercenaries]

"ZoneServer"="mekmatch.mektek.net"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\MechWarrior Mercenaries]

"Zone"="mekmatch.mektek.net"

I don't see any options after that and when I try to connect it says it can't fint the old zonematch. I think a part of my problem is under properties it says file opens with notepad...what should I change that to?

Download Post   
SoulBandit
NON MEMBER
NON MEMBER
4869 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:36 pm   Post subject:  Re: Trying to get back in the game, need some tech help Back to top 

All you should have to do is double click the makmatch registry icon. To save any further confusion it is the icon that looks like a stack of little blueish green boxes and is located one position left of teh notepad file "mekmatch read me". double click the reg icon and answer yes and ok then you are done, You should not have to be doing anything else as far as reg editing goes.

Hope that helps

Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:33 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

The icon will be whatever he opened it with and associated the file to. If a file is opened with a media player and the box below is checked to always use, it will assign the media player icon to it whether is can be used or not and continue to use that application.

If you are using XP, do the following. If you are using Vista, delete that fooker and put XP in.

Go to your control panel, open up the File Options. Click on the file types tab and let it load. Scroll down until you get to the REG extension. If in the bottom portion, it reads "Opens with: Registry Editor" you shouldn't be having the problems you are.

If it is not, click the advanced button. In the top box it should say "Registration Entries", don't worry about the icon. In the actions box you should have 3 actions, edit, merge and print. Select the Merge option, then click edit. In the Action box enter Mer&ge (yes the ampersand needs to be in there), in the Application used to perform action box, enter regedit.exe "%1" (yes the spaces and quotes need to be there). Check the Use DDE box, DDE message is blank, Application is regedit, DDE Application Not Running is blank and Topic is System. Click OK, then OK, then Apply, then OK.

Then try to open it again. It will ask for confirmation. Let us know.

Download Post   
DDM_GateKeeper
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
2955 Points

USA US Pennsylvania
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:01 pm   Post subject:  Re: Trying to get back in the game, need some tech help Back to top 

Yee Fukkin Ha!!!!

That was it shady, it was opening with note pad...

I'm in biotches Smile

Download Post   

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic