Death Dealer Mercenaries

Guild Wars 2

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
DDM_PLAGUE
Hauptmann Kommandant
Hauptmann Kommandant
6384 Points

USA US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:49 pm   Post subject: Question Guild Wars 2 Back to top 

The girls & I were just wondering if any of you are going to be playing Guild Wars 2
Ok the server or world was StormBluff Isle but we moved to ferguson crossing

Last edited by DDM_PLAGUE on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

Download Post  No rating  
DDM_Rammstein
1291 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:07 pm   Post subject:  Re: Guild Wars 2 Back to top 

With the new Patch 1.04 for D3 coming out possibly tomorrow, or next week, my RPGness will be filled with that, I tried one of the GW2 Beta Weekends... *shrugs* meh I'm really burnout on typical MMOish style games, that includes Aion as well.

I'm begging the wife so I can spend the $30 for a low grade Founders Pack, I'm dying to pilot mechs again!

Download Post   
DDM_PLAGUE
Hauptmann Kommandant
Hauptmann Kommandant
6384 Points

USA US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:43 pm   Post subject:  Re: Guild Wars 2 Back to top 

everything I have seen looks like GW2 is everything but typical

Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:59 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I plan on checking it out, but I may not be an early adopter.

A nation of wolves run by sheep!
Download Post   
DDM_Pyromancer
Hauptmann General
Hauptmann General
7599 Points

USA US Alabama
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:31 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I'll pick it up at some point but like Shady I'll probably wait to see what you guys say about it first

Download Post   
DDM_PLAGUE
Hauptmann Kommandant
Hauptmann Kommandant
6384 Points

USA US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:49 am   Post subject:  Re: Guild Wars 2 Back to top 

Well Keri , her daughter & I already have it. Have you been to the web site, watched the vids, checked the charts...looks pretty cool
I mean as a game to play when we are not blowin shit up.

Download Post   
DDM_Dragonlord
Warrant Officer 1st Class
5628 Points

Norway NO Buskerud
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:32 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Plague, I already pre-ordered the collectors edition of GW2, and I plan on playing it.

I played a bit in the "beta preview" and its a good game.

One thing I really liked was the crafting.
You can, within certain limits, actually combine certain crafted components to an item and create a recipe that way instead of buying the recipe.

You can actually experiment with trying to craft new things, instead of only using pre-defined recipes.

I was hoping some of the peeps here might play it, I kinda lost interest in Aion again.

The questing system in GW2 means you dont talk to any NPC to pick up or deliver the quest.
Instead you automatically get the quest when you get to the quest area.
If you leave the area you can come back later and complete it if you want, continuing from where you left off.

Image 160

Death is but a door time is but a window, I'll be back
Download Post   
DDM_PLAGUE
Hauptmann Kommandant
Hauptmann Kommandant
6384 Points

USA US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:18 pm   Post subject:  Re: Guild Wars 2 Back to top 

Ok for those that are going to be playing & have pre-purch the game. We will be kicking it off this Saterday, so get on coms, that way we can make sure we are all on the same server. I will be starting a Death Dealer Guild in the game. so shout out when you get logged in.
Arrow Ok there is a server stress test today so log onto comms first the server or world is StormBluff Isle Twisted Evil

Download Post   
Patton
59 Points

Canada CA Quebec
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:44 pm   Post subject:  Re: Guild Wars 2 Back to top 

I will be there Razz

Download Post   
DDM_Dragonlord
5628 Points

Norway NO Buskerud
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:48 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Since I did not pre-purchase, only pre-order, I am forced to wait another 2 days before I can play.

For some reason they have differentaited between pre-purchase and pre-order-

Pre-purchase get 3 days early access.
Pre-order only gets 1 day Early access.

Dont ask me why and I dont like it either, as if the are trying to pressure players into buying digitally instead of a boxed copy.

I'll be around when they eventually let me in.
Plan on using the same Character names as in Aion.

Image 160

Download Post   
DDM_Dragonlord
5628 Points

Norway NO Buskerud
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:05 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Seems the will let me in now after all, just got a mail today.
You still on the same server?

Image 160

Download Post   
DDM_PLAGUE
Hauptmann Kommandant
Hauptmann Kommandant
6384 Points

USA US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:20 pm   Post subject:  Re: Guild Wars 2 Back to top 

no we moved to Ferguson Crossing
the transfer is free for the 1rst 7 days

Download Post   
Gumbysbuff
Leutnant Colonel
Leutnant Colonel
1900 Points

USA US Washington
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:45 pm   Post subject:  Re: Guild Wars 2 Back to top 

If anyone else wants to join... come on in.. It's a blast! }Smile

Best thing is.. you can play with the new people... it automatically lowers your tune's level to match the area you're in.. so you can always earn xp and level... while helping those of lower levels. }Smile

-Gumbysbuff -=ยง=-
Image 151
Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:09 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

The loot is mostly level appropriate too. You do get some lower level stuff, but mostly closer to your level in the lower areas.

A nation of wolves run by sheep!
Download Post   
Serengeti
45 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:29 pm   Post subject:  Re: Guild Wars 2 Back to top 

Hello All,

I'm going to use this post as my introduction. I'm fairly new to MMO's. I played WOW in June of 2010 and about 3 or 4 months later tried some on the Perfect World games, Allods and a few others. None of them captured my attention and I grew tired of them and stopped playing. Christmas of 2012 I bought a graphics card and after playing a few action games and FPS' I figured I'd give MMO's another try. A downloaded and tried a lot of them over the next couple of weeks (Vindictus, DCUO, RaiderZ Aion & more...). Following a friend's advice I tried Rift and Guild Wars 2. I'm not too keen on Rift but I love Guild Wars 2. Within a week I joined DDM (recruited by Kahri) and I've never been happier. I'm beginning to understand the game much more and MMO's in general. I've learned a lot from the Guild and like working as part of a team. So there you have it, my long winded MMO introduction.

Serengeti

Download Post   

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic