Death Dealer Mercenaries

Time to Move On

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
DDM Leopardqueen
Her Royal Highness
Her Royal Highness
760 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:42 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Dragonlord....you are so nice!

That is all...carry on Smile

Download Post  No rating  
DDM_Dragonlord
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Warrant Officer 1st Class
5628 Points

Norway NO Buskerud
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:03 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

DDM Leopardqueen wrote (View Post): › Dragonlord....you are so nice!

That is all...carry on Smile

Why thank you. Very Happy

Just trying to keep a calm among and bring around a voice of reason thats all. Wink

To each their own is all I have to say about it. Smile

Image 160

Death is but a door time is but a window, I'll be back
Download Post   
DDM_Demon
Kommandant
Kommandant
7698 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:16 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Ok I have stayed out of this or tried to......I enjoy playing mech yes....but DDM is HOME to me and MY FAMILY....this group is more than just A GAME.....
as DL stated we said our kids would be DDM and mine are no exception....

I am going to miss the "exodus crew" but wish them well in whatever they do.

If I would have known all this stuff was gunna happen I wouldn't have installed the damn game....

I am sorry my brothers,as I was one of the people that thought we could be a force in league play again... and one day we will but I would rather have TRUE FRIENDSHIP than any kind of title/rank

THANK YOU DDM for 8 years of these kind of friendships...your FRIEND Scott aka DDM_Demon

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:24 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

We still have some some pending obligations in MWL. If the guys that signed us up for them can't make the drop, we will have to find a capable replacement crew. Wink

I think we have enough pilots to pull something together.... even if we have to pull some people out of retirement.

Download Post   
SniperStrike
NON MEMBER
NON MEMBER
740 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:41 am   Post subject:  Re: Time to Move On Back to top 

this is all I have to say It was fun while it lasted I hope you all have a wonderfull live and that you enjoy what you have and please remove me from the MWL roster effective at the time of this post.

to the friends i have made feel free to keep in touch i have no ill feeling for anyone

Download Post   
Viper_Kilo
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
6965 Points

USA US Iowa
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:07 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

and theres sniper...

DDM. Bending you over and making you take it, but its ok. We bought you ice cream .

Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:57 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

While I am still not clear on the issues that you had Wing as you left the conversation the other day, I wish you the best in whatever you do next.

Sniper, thanks for hosting the server for so long, giving the community a solid place to play and helping many get going in the game. Take care, Tech master.

Soul, I am still not clear on what you are calling condescension, but you are a grown man and can make your own opinions. Nonetheless, you worked hard at getting a good group of people playing the game again. Thanks.

The rest of you, I wish you luck. See you on the battlefield.

A nation of wolves run by sheep!
Download Post   
RaNg3r
907 Points

Vietnam AU New South Wales2
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:24 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi everyone, i dont know what opinion you have about me but this was not an "exodus" <<<correct spelling led by me. Some were asked if they wanted to join my unit prior to all this and afterwards for many reasons including "you knew this was coming". Many of these guys have asked you to remove them from the roster which can only be done by salvatoris as he is now the unit founder what changed and took place not my business. Once again its not my business but why change their unit lead status instead of just removing them off the roster like they requested. Same amount of point and clicking that it took to remove their unit lead status. Are you just trying to prolong the issue , or upset them further if you can, for whatever reason this was done once again its not my business, But some of these guys really are interested in league play just not with you. Why hold up their playing time with another unit that wants them to play and not cause problems for them. I dont know if you care or not about my post, just trying to keep this civil and hopefully you will do the right thing. Thank you for your time and your patience and i hope i can still continue to see you all on comms or on the battlefield in the future.

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:55 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

As far as I know, everyone that has asked is off the MWL roster. If I missed anyone they need to send me a PM here or at MWL. There are still a couple that I believe are going to quit when they get a chance to log in and do it, but I'd rather not boot anyone off the roster based on assumptions.

I don't blame you for all these guys bailing on us, Ranger. I only mentioned you because you were the first one out the door, and I know you have been doing a bit of recruiting from our roster. I don't even hold that against you, those guys clearly weren't happy with their positions on this team. That discontent was on a slow boil before your brief time on our roster.

This kind of thing just happens to teams once in a while, and it has happened to us twice before over the last 9 years. We had a guy named Mavarick split off to form his own team in our first year and he took a several people with him. About a year later a dude named Blunt took a chunk with him to form a unit called STFU. Now we have Wing0 tearing off a piece of the team to form his new unit. I wonder how it feels for him to be in such good company.

By the way, does anyone know what ever happened to Mav or Blunt's teams? They seem to have just kind of... faded away.

Download Post   
RaNg3r
907 Points

Vietnam AU New South Wales2
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:31 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Well, i appreciate your candor in the matter, and i still have no hard feelings i just didn't appreciate those things being brought into the public in these forums without even talking with me first. Also i didn't understand why or who told you that noone was informed of my past and who i was because the first night i was on comms with ddm they were all informed and there were atleast 10 ppl in there that night. But thanks for everything. Also i didn't recruit from just this unit, it was from alot , so please dont take any of that personal if that is even possible because it probably is pretty disrespectful but it was only mentioned to those who it sounded as they might have been interested. This is the only unit ive ever had to myself and wether or not i have enough or if they all leave i will keep it until i quit play this game or its dead. I hope you guys continue to play on as you always have and im sure you will. Take it easy and god bless.

Download Post   
DDM_LuGz
Corporal
Corporal
4925 Points

Canada CA British Columbia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:51 pm   Post subject:  Re: Time to Move On Back to top 

Hmmmm, interesting.....

Can't say I didn't see all this coming like 3 months ago.

Just for the record: I'd still like to be part of this DDM forum, I enjoy the banter. -Though I wanted little to do with the Mech group after they ousted Savage.- Now that all this has happened, I can say that perhaps playing again is an option for me... Though I'll have to check-in with some of my old DDM insiders to see what type of situation we've been left with. Ahhh, just the thought of playing Mechtek again without Wing-Soul-or Snipe! I get chills!

Lugz.

Last edited by DDM_LuGz on Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:04 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

You are right there, Lugz, and I appreciate you bringing those issues up when you did. That issue, as well as your reposting of Wing's ZME rules got us looking at the command decisions those guys were making without consulting the rest of the team, not to mention the established team leadership.

We'd love to see you back on the field, although it will be a little different group of guys with you. Check the battlecoms folder for info on our upcoming matches. I'll get some practice times and server information posted for you soon. We lost a handful of active pilots in the deal, but we are left with a leaner, meaner roster, and we would really like to see how we fare in MWL with the guys we chose to stick around. it's a shame that so many people left stating their desire to play mech, when we are really just starting to see our activity pick up again. We have seen as many returning veteran members as we have new players over the last few months.

Last edited by DDM_Salvatoris on Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Download Post   
DDM_LuGz
Corporal
Corporal
4925 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:09 pm   Post subject:  Re: Time to Move On Back to top 

No one quite understood what I was trying to say back then. Now it seems quite self-explanatory. Meantime we formed our own unit of just friends and fans... perhaps we might all come back?

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:16 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

You would all certainly be welcome. I'm sorry if it seemed like no one was listening to you at the time. We were trying to walk a line between running the team and stepping on Wing and Soul's toes with regard to MWL operations. Everyone can see how that worked out.

Download Post   
DDM_LuGz
Corporal
Corporal
4925 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:51 pm   Post subject:  Re: Time to Move On Back to top 

Well Salvatoris, the way I'm seeing things, the DDM is like one of those old English Gentlmans Clubs (Only with very nice women allowed in aswelll, ahh how times are changing, --and for the better!) where the room is big and smokey... Over there LOTRO is played, over in the lounge MechW4 is being played, etc. This is sort-of a social club, or Fraternity: "Friendship and shared support within a group". ---It was never about any one game. And I have read all of the above posts... Seems they thought they were apart or unique to this. Using this as a "platform" for their interests, not as the interest itself.
There-in was the inevitable root of this problem. This, watered by the realization of the dream to get back into MWL, grew a weed. They then only saw the GAME, the WIN. Selfish promptings took over (anger at turnouts, frustrations)... and the under-minding of the fraternity as an "institution" began to get its initial seed in fertile soil.. Weeds are like that, they take over the lawn when unchecked, and need no further watering. The rest took care of itself. [An individual] gets the notion to do this, [the individuals closer allies] are soon to follow. And [the rest] follow them in due course... due to not knowing how to live true to themselves, like little "Sheeple" needing to be safe in their herd.

Lugz.

Last edited by DDM_LuGz on Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Download Post   

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic