Death Dealer Mercenaries

Time to Move On

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
DDM_GateKeeper
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
2955 Points

USA US Pennsylvania
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:19 pm   Post subject:  Re: All the Best Back to top 

And fuck you kevlar and rodo...u r pussies

Download Post  No rating  
DDM_LordSoth
First Leutnant
First Leutnant
1205 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:33 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Take it down a notch Gate. Thank them for thier time serverd and dust off thier hat for um. No hard feelings and adios putas madre.

Download Post   
Kevlar
NON MEMBER
NON MEMBER
206 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:36 pm   Post subject:  Re: All the Best Back to top 

thanks for words of up lifting support

I posted to say that i can not help ddm, and i hope ddm does well

if i offended you , sorry

either way i'm out

your honorable pvt 1st class noob

Download Post   
DDM_GateKeeper
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
2955 Points

USA US Pennsylvania
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:48 pm   Post subject:  Re: All the Best Back to top 

np...have fun with ZME, it'll be much better.

I will not apologize for calling someone out.

It is not your fault that people were recruiting for ZME as DDM. But we will be better off without folks who haven't had time to understand what it means to be a Death Dealer.

Good luck Kevlar.

Download Post   
RODO
NON MEMBER
NON MEMBER
334 Points

Argentina
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:48 pm   Post subject:  Re: All the Best Back to top 

I didnt insult or offend anybody so Lord Soth and GK calm dowm, as I said I joined to play with a group of guys i knew, now they left, I dont know most of u so how can i team with u? That why I m leaving, sorry if that offend u.

REGARDS RODO

Download Post   
RODO
NON MEMBER
NON MEMBER
334 Points

Argentina
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:50 pm   Post subject:  Re: All the Best Back to top 

GK u r wrong I m not joining ZME

Download Post   
SoulBandit
NON MEMBER
NON MEMBER
4869 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:31 pm   Post subject:  Re: Time to Move On Back to top 

Actually let me straighten you out on a couple points here Sal.
This departure has more to do with the lack of serious effort in participation than it does anything else. DDM rostered over 29 players in MWL and yet when it came time to practice and discuss strategy and tactics on average 6 to 8 people showed on a regular basis.

Also let it be known that neither Wing or I ever thought that OCL had abandoned leadership of DDM in fact had you gentleman been a bit more supportive and a lot less like a parent scolding a kid things might have lead to a different outcome. I stated the other day I wouldnt stand for condecension and I meant what I said. Respect is paramount in maintaining any type of relationship.

To You Gatekeeper all I can say I expected a more mature reaction out of you, yet I may have over estimated your personality. I will say that such reactions are typical of some and very reactionary. Again I expected better of you.

There are no hard feelings on this end toward any one person, I wish you all the best and hope things eventually come around to a path of enlightenment for you all. Leadership from afar is leadershit, to be sucessful in any endevour one must be willing and able to roll with change, as changes are always inevitable. ANy who will not learn from teh mistakes of the past are destined to repeat them.

I bid you good day.

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:58 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

DDM_Ice Gerbilâ„¢ wrote (View Post): ›

all i can say to those of OCL ur all acting like a bunch of children over
this unit which is hilarious cuz i believe all of you are older then me by about 20+
years and yet i have been acting more mature then you all combined

Jihad Gerbil

Wait, who is acting like children? ALL of the drama is coming from the people making a huge deal out of leaving the team. No one from OCL is here crying about their hurt feelings over a video game. The only drama here is what Wing and Soul are creating to help justify a decision they obviously already made. You guys want to play somewhere else and run your own team, that's cool. We don't need all the asinine excuses and bullshit accusations on your way out the door. When whatever team you move to is a nothing but a memory, DDM will still be here. You can count on that shit.

You mention learning from the past.... I learned that this team is stronger when we don't cater to the childish threats people make about taking their ball and going home. If we catered to that kind of nonsense we'd have disbanded long ago... the same thing that would have happened to us if we didn't branch out to other games when it became obvious they were dont making Mechwarrior. And I think that is really where our misunderstand lies. Of course, you weren't around at the time, so i can't expect you to know what decisions we made as a team before you were ever active.

Last edited by DDM_Salvatoris on Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Download Post   
DDM Leopardqueen
Her Royal Highness
Her Royal Highness
760 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:58 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Soul...One thing tho...before you scoot on out. They HAVE been rolling with the changes. They have played several games together, moving with the times. They stayed strong as friends...with less focus on A game. I understand that if that is all you want, a game...then by all means leave, but if you were looking for friendship then you will be missing out.

Wing, well I don't know what to say to you. I guess I thought so much more of you, this makes me sad and dissapointed. So...just good luck.

Download Post   
Kalliope
NON MEMBER
NON MEMBER
58 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:39 pm   Post subject:  Re: All the Best Back to top 

I'm with RODO and Kevlar, I don't know you guys and the players I do know and play with on a regular basis are leaving, so I'm out as well.
Been fun, enjoyed the game, Peace.
Oh, and please remove my name from MWL roster. Thank you!

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:16 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I believe that just leaves Sniper and Devil's Hand to quit and we will be done with this mess. Fortunately so far we have only lost the ones we knew were going to quit anyway... and the only veteran member walking is Wing. it's hard to feel a sense of loss for any of the rest of these team jumpers. These two guys are less than two months in. They don't even know what it is they are quitting.

Download Post   
DDM_Pyromancer
Hauptmann General
Hauptmann General
7599 Points

USA US Alabama
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:33 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Wow... Log off for a few hours and come back to this.. lol..

Let me start by saying that I hope you guys have fun and do well on your new team.

Let me also say to you Wing and Soul that I think your Right. OCL made one Major mistake in this whole thing. We should have told you guys from the start that DDM would not be going back into League play at MWL or anywhere else. But instead we gave in to you guys even tho we knew that we would not have the passion for the game that you still seem to have.

However. Let me also say to you guys. If you wanted your own team you should have just started one in the first place. But no that was too hard. You had to use the DDM name to get players to think that you had an established team. Then when it became apparent to you that OCL wasnt just gonna hand over total control to you. You make this big stink and leave because now you have attracted players. but thats OK....

You can now go on to great and Wonderful things.

Hope you guys are still together in 10 years. I know that we will be.

Download Post   
DDM_Metalfiend
Leutnant Colonel
Leutnant Colonel
5207 Points

USA US Iowa
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:20 pm   Post subject:  Re: Time to Move On Back to top 

will be and almost have been i wasn't in for the first couple of years myself but have played enough games and done enough stuff with most of the players that were, that i feel as if i am not missing out on that first couple of years and i thank all that have excepted me for the long haired metal fiend i am ,,,,and don't plan on goin anywhere anytime soon

even if i would have never been promoted or if i never had a rank or any kind of say in anything because thats not what i see ddm as any more i see it as a group of friends that used to play a great game but evolved into other great games which because i could play with those people made it better

for those that are still stuck on that 1 game thats too bad cause there are a lot of good games out there to experience and i hope i get to do it as a member of ddm

good to be back
Download Post   
DDM_Dragonlord
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Warrant Officer 1st Class
5628 Points

Norway NO Buskerud
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:25 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

For those of you leaving, I hope you had a good time with us here and wish you luck in your future endeavours.
Its sad to see you go, but the choise is of course yours to make. Smile

I still remember playing MW with the team. I got in some good years of MW fun before the game kinda started dying out.

When that happend I still played with the guys in GW and LOTRO, and would love to play with you all again. The way things are right now it dont look like any of the folks aorund here are playing what I am playing so I'll stick to my games, but will still be around once in a while and say hi and talk about whats going on.

I feel I made some good friends here over the years and thats not something I want to throw away just cause we are not all playing a specific game.

Those of you who want to go play MW can do so, and I will not hold it against you. I prefer to stick around here and hold on to the friends I made.

With the new MW game on the way maybe we will see some renewed action and have some more fun together again soon.

I remember we talked once about how our kids would take over after the rest of us got too old to play.
I'm not syaing it will ever happen, and dont expect it to, but the thought kinda warms my heart as it showed that we had more together than just the games we played, we had good friends in each other too.

If someone want to leave, let them do so, and dont get all upset over it. I'm sure we will get plenty of new members as time passes anyway. Think positive, and dont let the fact that some of the peeps leave get to you. Wink
Maybe they were not DDM material. Smile

Image 160

Death is but a door time is but a window, I'll be back
Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:41 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I think I know who is staying and who is going.... but I'm still really hoping to make through the day without anyone surprising me. So far, no one has.

I think the people who are left on the roster, who are STILL on the roster after all this time, are all here for the same reason. If you were going to leave over a video game, most of you would have left years ago.

We have a new Mech Game on the way eventually, maybe even MW:LL by the end of the year... I hope to be playing them with my brothers.

Last edited by DDM_Salvatoris on Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Download Post   

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic