Goto page 1, 2  Next

DDM_TK421DS
Subject:  Pirahanna games is making new Mechwarrior!!!
http://pc.ign.com/objects/018/018954.html

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/18954/mech-warrior-project/videos/mechwarrior_trl_phoenix_70709.html

We are back in business guys!!!

DDM_TK421DS
Subject:  Re: Pirahanna games is making new Mechwarrior!!!
I think we need to seriously try this one out! It is a rewind back to the beginning of Mechwarrior. So ther is tons of room for addons, new upgrades, and series here.

We waited almost 10 years for this...........I hope it has great Multiplay & hopefully a mech lab.

Also it appears that everything you do makes adifference in this version.......Buildings can only support so much weight, they are destructable, The whole environment is a factorto deal with. Plus we get drones to deploy and scout for us......& lots more :)

This looks fun!!
:shock:

DDM_LordShado
Subject:  
Little late ;)

http://www.deathdealermercenaries.com/home/viewtopic.php?t=528

DDM_Salvatoris
Subject:  
Check out the portal page for all the mechwarrior news homie. :) Good to see you around. You going to be playing the new Star Wars MMO?

DDM_Dragonlord
Subject:  
Well, looks like someone here has to return from retirement.
Just talked to Soth and form what I understand the trailer is ingame footage of allready completed stuff.
Gonna be some time before this is release, but when it is you can expect me to return to active service again.
Damn this stuff looks great.

Viper_Kilo
Subject:  
wb dragon

CrunK
Subject:  
I dont think that was an actual trailer of game play. I think it was a mix of animation and game play. Did anyone actually read the interview with the guys from Piranha and Smith & Tinker? They commented that they were shopping around for a distributor who can fund them and not stifle what they want to do with the game. Basically what we saw is their "resume" to potential funders. Thats my take on it after reading the interview.

DDM_Salvatoris
Subject:  
The video says "in game footage" across the bottom the whole time. ;)

While they are looking for a distributor, you gotta understand that JW is filthy rich, Wizkids games made him as much money as Mechwarrior ever did. S&T can fund development for a good part of the process.

It's been almost Two years now since he got the FASA IPs back from Microsoft. We are all getting accustomed to the super long development cycle of MMOs, but remember that before Microsoft shelved the mech franchise, we were getting a new game every two to three years. Mechwarrior three and Mechwarrior 4 launched in 1999 and 2000. While it wasn't what we were looking for, Mechassault launched the same year as Mercs, with it's follow-up two years later.

Another big factor is that Piranha Games just finished a transformers game. I know there is a big step between the two, but a lot of graphics assets are the same. If you watch any of the videos of the Transformer game, you'll see that the explosion and weapon effects look the same, the cars even look the same.

DDM_Dragonlord
Subject:  
Thanks for the welcome Viper, apreciated.
Dont play MW these days, seem to have misplaced my discs, and the game hold little interrest for me.
I have gone back to LOTRO, and play on EU servers these days, I even "ressurected" my hunter.
Well I had to start over, cant transfer account from US to EU.

That movie sure as hell looked great.
And I hope they will get it out as well.
Those would have been amazing ingame graphics if they could do that.
I may not be possible and it may require too much resources to be possible to implement, but one can always dream.
I must admidt I have for a long time been hoping to find a game where the ingame graphics bear a closer resemblance to a movie siquence than most of the toonlike graphics that are out there.
There are alot of game with grea graphcis, but then a video squence comes along, and I wish that was ingame graphics.

DDM_Auger
TK!!
...AND DL, too!!

Welcome Back!!

They're about to give away MW4 Mercs for free in the coming months! No worries about discs lost or damaged! Saddle up if you have a mind to!

DDM_Dragonlord
Well If I can manage to scrape the rust off my mech I might drop by occationally.
See if I can get in the mood for it. Things havent exactly gone as expected lately, rather the oposite so my gaming mood isnt excatly on top these days.
But thats another story.

DDM_TK421DS
Yeah! Hey all ....Hey Deagon you old bastard..lol!!

Um ya Im down for this new mech game......

No Sal I am no longer able to do any MMO's anymore...not enought time to accomplish anything. I am too busy...

Man it's great to see all you guys again ........can't wait to ride with the best again!!!

( I cannot play Mercs du to my router is too advanced for it and it's the thied one I have gotton this year so I am not getting another right now.............My money goes to this..........

Feel free to browse my Photobucket page full of WONDERS and DELIGHTS!!!

DDM_TK421DS
DDM_Dragonlord wrote (View Post): › Well If I can manage to scrape the rust off my mech I might drop by occationally.
See if I can get in the mood for it. Things havent exactly gone as expected lately, rather the oposite so my gaming mood isnt excatly on top these days.
But thats another story.

I hear ya Dragon. :shock: I have completely quit gaming for now. I am uninterested in anything aat the moment and am real busy with RL stuff and kids & family........I got just enough free time to Race my RC car in Granbury on saturdays and some after work here in my town...... :roll:

Good to see your still alive and kicking tho bud!!!! 8)

DDM_Metalfiend
those cars are purty cool but wouldn't be better to invest in some rechargeable batteries lots of em prolly,,,lol

DDM_Dragonlord
DDM_TK421DS wrote (View Post): ›
DDM_Dragonlord wrote (View Post): › Well If I can manage to scrape the rust off my mech I might drop by occationally.
But thats another story.

I hear ya Dragon. :shock: I have completely quit gaming for now. I am uninterested in anything aat the moment and am real busy with RL stuff and kids & family........I got just enough free time to Race my RC car in Granbury on saturdays and some after work here in my town...... :roll:

Good to see your still alive and kicking tho bud!!!! 8)

Well I had some very unpleasant things happen to me in the past few months. Most of it RL stuff.
Its a long story, and has nothing to do with the subject here, so I'm not gonna rant about it here.
Be happy to tell the story if you wanna hear it, other than that I'm just trying to put things behind me.

Sure hope this game comes out soon, maight reawaken my interrest in the game.
Think I'm gonna brush the dust off my old mech commander discs and run them again.
I dont mind sitting in the cockpit of a mech again, but mercs have become outdated and I kind have lost interrest in the game. That was the reason I stoped playing as well. Now if the teaser video is any indication of how the new game will be, you can me sure I'll be whipping my tech crew into shape faster than you can say mechwarrior, if not I'll just have to replace them.
Dont suppose anyone know where I can find a good tech crew around? If I didnt know better I would say they have been paid by a rival faction to destroy it before I even get into the field.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: