Death Dealer Mercenaries

Hunter fear Nerfed?

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
DDM_Dragonlord
Warrant Officer 1st Class
5628 Points

Norway NO Buskerud
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:55 am   Post subject:  Re: Hunter fear Nerfed? Back to top 

And it's not the only class capable of it.

I have seen almost every other class taking them down with no more problems than me.

Image 160

Death is but a door time is but a window, I'll be back
Download Post  No rating  
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:25 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

The only way i could solo an elite, with 9k health, would be to spend 10 minutes on it and use a couple of potions along the way. The hunter is hands down the highest DPS in the game. Like I said, I have a level 50 hunter on the test server, and it does a ridiculous amount of damage. I don't need a heal because it only takes about 10 seconds to kill most mobs. They are usually half dead before they even get in range to use their attacks.

Elites are meant to be a group content. They aren't there for you to solo. I can take the ones that have 4 thousand health, but even that takes a lot of time. I wouldn't even think of trying to farm the 7-9k health elites, If I tried and ended up dying, I would know it was my own fault.

Download Post   
DDM_LordSoth
First Leutnant
First Leutnant
1205 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:34 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Ummmm.... The point here is that NO class should be able to solo a non grey elite. I can solo a 43 lvl elite using potions food and my damage reduction skills. If it has an add or if its higher then 5-7k health I'm fucked and stiing at a ring of stones. The game wants you to do everything in a fellowship. Need Greed or Pass just like the rest of us.

Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:27 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

What is this Greed and Pass you talk of?

A nation of wolves run by sheep!
Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:04 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

On the test server it's back to roll/pass. I personally prefer need/greed/pass.... but it only works if everyone in the group is honest about what they need and don't need..... Shado Smile

Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:53 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Anybody that does not need gold does not play right.

Anybody that says before or after that they need something, usually gets it by trade or mail. TS items that I need are up for grabs.

Anybody that cries that I win rolls on anything just didn't roll high enough Smile

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:19 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

It isn't a need gold buttonm...

On the original subject, the change applies to all fear skills... not just hunters. My fear skill is also brokeen by combat, but it going up to 15 seconds. I'm all for the change.

posted on the forums...

===========
===========

Zombie Columbus
The Lord of the Rings Online Team

Re: Fear nerfed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All fear effects have indeed been changed to be break on damage. They were the best forms of CC in the game, as they functioned as unbreakable and very long duration stuns. With this new change, a feared monster can still not attack, but attacking the monster will break the effect, much like the Lore-masters Blinding Flash. Also, we buffed up the duration of fears, in the case of the Minstrel, Cry of the Valar now has a 15 second duration.

So, if you never used fears as a free pass to DPS away, and used it more like a panic button or mez in a group fight, this change will be a buff.

-

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:48 am   Post subject:  more on fear .... or moron fear Back to top 

Now fear is totally broken. While everyone was busy crying about fear breaking on damage, they hit us a real nerf to fear. Now feared mobs will draw agro from mobs near them.... Fear a mob away, and he comes back with all his buddies. My fear skill was almost useless anyway, now it is actually a detriment to me... it's going off my bar.

Download Post   
DDM_JuicedGoose
First Leutnant
First Leutnant
66 Points

USA US Kansas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:40 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Ouch, now its just almost like wow's fear.

just chillin
Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:09 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

WoW servers are still up?

Careful what is asked for, sometimes you get it...

Again, this makes sense. He comes back with help because he is skeerd.

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:37 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

It changes the use of the skill... instead of crowd management, its a really crappy evac skill. It's fine, I almost never used it.... and I have plenty of new skills to replace it on my bar with.

Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:19 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Nerf!

Download Post   
DDM_Dragonlord
5628 Points

Norway NO Buskerud
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:28 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

How do you think the hunters take this as they relied on this skill to survive in 1vs1 against signature and elite mobs.

Hunters are now reduced to glorified taxis.

Image 160

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:39 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yeah... I still can't go there with you. The skill was never supposed to be a walking stun on the mob you are fighting... it was supposed to be crowd control, but now it's an evac.... I can't imagine this one skill change ruins your whole class, unless you weren't playing it right to begin with Wink

Download Post   
DDM_Dragonlord
5628 Points

Norway NO Buskerud
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:05 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

If I was not playing it right, then about 90% of all the hunters out there wasn't playing it right.

If you look at the forums you will see what I mean.

Image 160

Download Post   

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic