DDM_Dragonlord
Subject:  Requesting help with signture creation/setup
First off:

I been trying for the past few days to find a new image for use in my Signature here on the DDM boards, but had a hard time finding any decent images of dragons.
The one I have are outdated and I would like something new.

Does anyone here know any places I can find some really good images of dragons, something that looks awe inspiring or epic?

What I have found so far are either images that are so small you can barely see whats on them or they are more like drawings made by or for children.

Second.

I have been looking for an image or a banner to use on the MWO bards in my signature there to show me as a DDM member.

I tried using the HTML script that are offered for use in the links section here on the DDM site, but I could not get it to work, it only showed the code in the signature not the actual image/link

Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

DDM_Dragonlord
Subject:  
OK I found some images after allot of searching that I can use.
Now does anyone know of a good yet easy to use image editor I can use to create the images I want?

DDM_Pyromancer
Subject:  
just upload them to the album here or put them in a post. If I dont come up with something I'm sure Sal or someone else will....

DDM_Dragonlord
Subject:  Re: Requesting help with signture creation/setup
When I try to upload pics to the Album, I got the following message after pressing submit.

Quote: › CBACK CrackerTracker has detected a potential attack on this site with a worm or exploit script so the Security System stopped the script.

If you can see this page after including a new MOD into your board or after clicking on a link please contact the Board Administrator with this error message and a description what you have done before you could see this page, that the Admin has the possibility to fix the problem.

Any Idea what that means?

DDM_Pyromancer
Subject:  
nope that would be DeathDealers dept. I'm sure he will see this and enlighten us...

Death Dealer
Subject:  
Give me the exact steps you were doing...

DDM_Dragonlord
Subject:  
Now I'm really confused.
This time it worked, though I did thing slightly different this time.

What I did the first time was this:

1. I click the album button in a post I made, take the one above as an example.

2. Next while at the album, I clicked Upload pic.

3. I wanna upload a pic from my computer, so I click choose to select the location where I want to upload from.

4. Once the pic is selected I click submit, and I get the above mentioned message.

Now I wanted to get the steps right in this post, so I started going through the steps again while posting it here.
Only this time I got an option to create a personal album, so I chose to do that.
Once I had done that I did the above steps again, and this time they uploaded fine.

Difference between last time and this time is this.
Last time I tried uploading to public album
This time I created a personal album and was able to upload to that.
I then tried uploading to the public gallery and that worked fine to, I did not get that message I got last time.

I have no idea what the problem was last time as opposed to this time.

Last edited by DDM_Dragonlord on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:20 am; edited 2 times in total
DDM_Dragonlord
Subject:  
Uploaded 4 pics, so if someone could help create a sig or tell me where I can find a good yet easy to use editor the would be great.

I accidentally uploaded the same pic twice.
I wanted to delete one of those 2 pics, figuring its no point having the same pic twice, but it said I was not authorized.

I'm guessing I dont have the rights to delete pics from the album, so if a moderator sees it, just delete one of the two pics.

DDM_Dragonlord
I found a photo editor online and have tried creating a new sig.
I was hoping you guys might have some comments.

Image 159

I when posting this image though I get one problem.
As you can probably see the image is very unclear as if it is out of focus.

It looks fine when I look at it on my computer, but when it comes up here it gets like this. I tried reducing the size with no luck.
Any suggestions?

DDM_Pyromancer
How about this if you have to go with the red lettering.....

Image 160

DDM_Dragonlord
Subject:  
That actually looks better than mine.

DDM_Dragonlord
Subject:  
Just a shame I cant use this on the MWO forums.
Its too large for that, dont suppose ou got any ideas for that?

Just looking for something to put in my sig to show that I'm part of DDM.

I tried to put the HTLM script from the Links section here on the DDM board in my MWO sig, but all it showed was the scrip code, not the image itself

DDM_Pyromancer
OK How about this??

Image 161

and to get it to show up on the MWO forum you edit your Profile there and copy and paste the entire image into the box there.... that should do it for you

DDM_Dragonlord
Subject:  
OK, I'm missing something here.

I tried everything I can think of and either I get an error saying "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

Or It only shows up as a link to the image in my signature but not with the actual image.

I tried saving the image to my HD to copy it that way, but its saved as a web document and not an image.

What am I doing wrong here?

I can hop on comms later if its easier to explain it that way.

DDM_Metalfiend
hence the reason i actually gave up on computers too many damn hassle's altho i would like to get a sig again but i'm not willing to go through all the pain in the ass stuff like this ,,lol

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: