Death Dealer Mercenaries

MWO Founders Program - Early Access July 17th

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue May 22, 2012 6:38 pm   Post subject:  MWO Founders Program - Early Access July 17th Back to top 

Operation: Inception

Start Ruling the InnerSphere This July

- MechWarrior Online Heads into Closed Beta Starting This Week; Details Unleashed for Gaining Early Access to the Inner Sphere -

MONTREAL - May 22, 2012 - Calling all MechWarrior® fans! An exclusive MechWarrior Online™ Founder’s Program goes on sale June 19th. It will offer die-hard fans of this beloved franchise valuable benefits including: in-game currency, a custom BattleMech™ ("ELITE" level only), up to a two-month free premium account, a permanent "Founder’s Tag" and more. Dubbed "OPERATION INCEPTION," the Founder’s program gives fans a limited one-time chance to secure exclusive MechWarrior Online game content via two ranks:

$60 ELITE Founder's Package Includes:

Exclusive custom "Founder's BattleMech." This 'Mech includes a lifetime, per-match C-Bill booster.
$80 value of in-game currency* for in-game item purchases.
Two-month premium account to MechWarrior Online at launch: Earn XP & C-Bills faster.
Founder's Tag - sets your status apart from the crowd & get noticed in-game and on the forums.
Early access to the game along with Founder's assets availability starts July 17th.
$30 VETERAN Founder's Package Includes:

$40 value of in-game currency* for in-game item purchases.
One-month premium account to MechWarrior Online at launch: Earn XP & C-Bills faster.
Founder's Tag - sets your status apart from the crowd & get noticed in-game and on the forums.
Early access to the game along with Founder's assets availability starts July 17th.

OPERATION INCEPTION assets and early game access will be available for ELITE or VETERAN Founder's Package players starting July 17th.

Reserve your pilot name at http://www.mwomercs.com.

Download Post  No rating  
Viper_Kilo
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
6965 Points

USA US Iowa
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue May 22, 2012 8:04 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Done.
Sold.
I want it and my own mech.

DDM. Bending you over and making you take it, but its ok. We bought you ice cream .

Download Post   
DDM_Pyromancer
Hauptmann General
Hauptmann General
7599 Points

USA US Alabama
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue May 22, 2012 10:38 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

HMMM.... For a game that has been Nonstop talk about being Free to Play all I am hearing about is what you can get for paying money.....Not sure I like this.

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed May 23, 2012 6:14 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I guess this is the first free to play game you have read anything about. Razz Free is one of the options, but just like most "free" games there will be cash shop items and a couple of different optional subscription levels which give you different perks as well as a chunk of in-game currency. They can't just give the shit away.

I'll be getting the elite founders package... even if i have to sell blood to afford it. At 60 bucks it is what I expect to pay for a new game anyway, and it comes with $80 worth of c-bills... and an exclusive mech with a lifetime, per-match c-bill bonus.

You can still play totally free of charge... you just won't get to play early.

Download Post   
DDM_GateKeeper
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
2955 Points

USA US Pennsylvania
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed May 23, 2012 9:55 am   Post subject:  Re: MWO Founders Program - Early Access July 17th Back to top 

Considering you get 2 months elite (paid) sub, and $80 in game currency it'd be a no brainer. A Founder mech and Tag are icing on the cake.

Anyone know when the open beta starts?

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed May 23, 2012 11:34 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I don't think there is an official date on open beta, but there is a guaranteed date on the early access. Closed beta started yesterday, you can apply from your MWO forum profile.

Download Post   
DDM_Pyromancer
Hauptmann General
Hauptmann General
7599 Points

USA US Alabama
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed May 23, 2012 10:33 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I also expected to pay about 60 bucks for any game... But above and beyond that I dont know if I want to get involved with a game that I have to buy all the latest perks as new content comes out to be competitive in......

Download Post   
DDM_LordSoth
First Leutnant
First Leutnant
1205 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu May 24, 2012 2:21 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Well I was saving cash to get Diablo 3.... might just have to use it on founders instead. Have they said what mech it is yet?

Download Post   
DDM_Pyromancer
Hauptmann General
Hauptmann General
7599 Points

USA US Alabama
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu May 24, 2012 1:23 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

You know if you bought Diablo 3 you could actually Make money....

They are setting up an Auction House that uses Real money for items you sell.....

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu May 24, 2012 4:14 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

and that... your OK with. :/

I have been wishing for a persistent Mechwarrior game for years... and here it comes. I never expected it to actually be free, I understand what "free to play" means. I still don't expect it to be "pay to win" it's a skill-based game at it's core. Your mech and it's equipment can only get you so far. I happily pay 60 bucks up front and another 15 a month for games I don't care about or enjoy nearly as much as Mechwarrior.

If they want to sell me a bunch of shit that makes me marginally more effective, level up faster or even just visually unique, I'm down. It's Mechwarrior, in a persistent universe with all the unit and individual stat tracking we always wished for in league play. I'm not looking for excuses not to play it.

Download Post   
DDM_Pyromancer
Hauptmann General
Hauptmann General
7599 Points

USA US Alabama
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu May 24, 2012 6:18 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I think your missing my point.... Im not looking for an excuse to not play it.... However I have been SERIOUSLY discouraged by all the Talk in the past about this game or that game is gonna be the Next Mechwarrior that we have been waiting on... Hell Sal you yourself were on a Dev team not long ago that said it was the replacement we were all waiting for... And what happened?????

I am just taking a Healthy dose of Reality and not getting my hopes up...

And by the way. Yes I am very happy that I can play Diablo and sell shit I find or Make for actual money. Atleast its all player driven and we dont have to buy from the people that made the game....

Download Post   
DDM_GateKeeper
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
2955 Points

USA US Pennsylvania
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu May 24, 2012 8:18 pm   Post subject:  Re: MWO Founders Program - Early Access July 17th Back to top 

Pyro, I hear you.

I have been playing a free to play game star trek online for a couple years.

The "premium" content gives u extra storage and a monthly stipend basically..The cryptic points are used to buy gear that is marginally better than the free stuff, but mostly to show off. At least in that game, skill trumps cash.

Time will tell if MWO handles it as well.

Download Post   
DDM_GateKeeper
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
2955 Points

USA US Pennsylvania
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu May 24, 2012 8:27 pm   Post subject:  Re: MWO Founders Program - Early Access July 17th Back to top 

I also totally agree with Sal.

MWL, and all the other leagues were a way to make the game we had into something bigger, more complete. An MMO by definition takes all that stuff and makes it one system.

Let's hope these fuktards don't ruin it.

I have hope, like Peter Jackson is gonna do The Hobbit right, so will these devs do right by Mech Razz

Download Post   
DDM_PLAGUE
Hauptmann Kommandant
Hauptmann Kommandant
6384 Points

USA US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri May 25, 2012 4:29 am   Post subject:  Re: MWO Founders Program - Early Access July 17th Back to top 

Twisted Evil Hell . I am already there hiding in the bushes with my Nova, along with my wolfhound, uller, shadowcat & rubber baby buggy bumper..what can I say its a big bush
Saddle up folks. domt make me come lookin for you.
Plague out

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri May 25, 2012 4:47 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Beta invited going out today... go to your MWO forum profile and apply if you haven't already. Then cross your fingers and watch the inbox. It's almost go time... and it's been a long time coming. Dost off your cooling vest and neuro-helmet and get ready to mount up, boys. We're almost back in the business of blowing shit up!

Download Post   

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic