Goto page 1, 2  Next

DDM_Dragonlord
Subject:  Requesting a little assistance
I have gotten tired of my sig image, and have been thinking of making a new one.
I see some of the guys have to rather cool sigs around.
I have no experience whatsoever in creating images like this, and would like to request a little help.
I'm looking for a porgram to use to create these images, and also a little help in learning how to both use the program and make the images.

Any help you guys can give me would be apreciated.

DDM_LordShado
Subject:  
Auger has been making sigs lately, get in contact with him.

SoulBandit
Subject:  Re: Requesting a little assistance
Take a number for Sig's by Auger lol he is swamped with requests.

Devils_Hand
Subject:  
I'm sure he is with all the recent joins lately.

DDM_Metalfiend
he didn't say he wanted auger to make him 1 he was asking for some advice on what programs to use and some assistance useing it

DDM_LordShado
Subject:  
I didn't tell him to ask Auger for a sig ;)

DDM_Dragonlord
Subject:  
Am I to understand that Auger is the resident "expert" in the field then?

DDM_Pyromancer
Subject:  
Hmmm I dont understand why you just dont ask the guy who made the one you are using now.... I am sure if you wanted him to he could come up with something. He would probably have to reinstall some of his editing software and such but, if you really wanted him to I bet he would atleast try to come up with something.............

DDM_Auger
No expert, here...
I use PaintShop Pro (PSP)8 by JASC Software. It's getting pretty old by software standards.
I believe older versions are available (PSP7, etc.) for free. Some full versions, some only trials. Make sure downloads are compatible with your current operating system(WIN 98, me, XP, OR Vista)
The program is really close to PhotoShop, but has it's differences. Each has their fans and haters, as well.
Usually I just start fiddling around with a new program and see what it will do, but there is a wealth of tutorials out there on the web for most image editing sofware...whichever one you choose.
Personally, I have no talent.
;)
I am an image thief who is not too bad at pasting things together. Occasionally I surprize myself( a couple of my favorites that I've made are Gatekeeper's...and probably my best was the one I did for Demon). Many times I just fall short in the skill department and end up frustrated, though.
Trial and error...with the occasional flash of fleeting success.

DDM_LordShado
Subject:  
GIMP is a popular free one.

DDM_Salvatoris
Subject:  
Bring out the GIMP.

The gimp's sleepin'.

Well, wake him up.

DDM_Dragonlord
Subject:  
DDM_Pyromancer wrote (View Post): › Hmmm I dont understand why you just dont ask the guy who made the one you are using now.... I am sure if you wanted him to he could come up with something. He would probably have to reinstall some of his editing software and such but, if you really wanted him to I bet he would atleast try to come up with something.............

I understend what youre saying Demon and could have done it. And I apreciate your efforts to help :)
There are 2 reasons I do not do it.

1. I dont remember who it was that made this one, although I could probably find it out.

2. I figured I wanted to try myself, that way I will get it exactly the way I want it.

I'm sure there are someone out there who could do it for me and do a damn good job at it too, but for all their efforts I may still not be entirely satisfied with their work. Not that I would not apreciate it, just that it may not live up to my expectations and I kida got ideas of my own I wanna try out.

Devils_Hand
Subject:  
I agree with ya there Dragonlord. I made my own sig with Paintshop Pro, hoping to get it up on the forum soon.

DDM_Demon
Subject:  
dude I think pyro made that one

DDM_LordShado
Subject:  
DDM_ZME_Devils_Hand wrote (View Post): › I agree with ya there Dragonlord. I made my own sig with Paintshop Pro, hoping to get it up on the forum soon.

Send it to my email, I'll set it up. I replied to you on Messenger, but you were offline.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: