Goto page 1, 2  Next

DDM_Lexington
Subject:  Structured practice
I'd like to run drills with anyone not participating in a battle. I spent tonight just watching games, and we are extremely sloppy. More than a few times I saw targets called and not switched to.

When a drop commander issues a kill order - you do it. Target calls are not recommendations or requests - they are orders. If you think you have a better target than the DC is ordering, let him know and let him decide your next course of action. Obviously use your best judgement, I.E. If you are in a light mech and there is a tattered heavy 100m from you, make the kill.

Teamwork is just that: working as a team. We all need to get on the same page if we want to improve.

Kalliope
Subject:  Re: Structured practice
I've been saying the same thing, Lex. Our match schedule has been pretty busy so it seems like half the team is only worried about getting the points without taking into consideration HOW we get those points. I know we work as a coherent unit when Wing takes DC, I know we are capable of stripping and killing anyone who dares cross our path, but what I don't know is why people get so sloppy after one good pratice that our actual matches suck. We're what, 1-3 now?

DDM_Metalfiend
1-3 yes but the matches were all purty close.

but a couple of them could have possibly been won especially in brawler had we attacked and kept attacking hiding in the corner and waiting for them to make a first move is kind of a chicken way to play and not real fun i mean they don't have a map named slobberknocker for no reason it's supposed to be a brawl go out kick ass take names later

SoulBandit
The practices are becoming more structured, now the listening to direction aspect has to come into play. It doesnt matter how well structured the game plan is until all parties actually listen hear and follow direction.

Wing0
Subject:  
Patience is one thing, but offense is the best defense.

DDM_Lexington
While I do agree with you, kalliope, that Wing is our best DC at the moment - I was watching (and listening in) on his team for a few matches, and orders were not being followed.

I think a few practices showing how fast 5v1 kills a mech as opposed to 1v1, 1v1, 1v1, 1v1, 1v1 will instill the loving feeling in anyone who is slacking :wink:

They key to winning a fight is to figure out your advantage and exploit it. Our advantage has and always will be teamwork - it needs to happen. We're seldom going to win brawler games by an ace being a hero and taking them head on.

CrunK
Subject:  
I thought that we have been working on this stuff in our practice sessions, even the unofficial ones. What I have seen is defiantly better than when we first got on the ball about two weeks ago. I see improvement and a desire to work together. I just think as individuals we have to consciously discipline ourselves to not give into our primal urges of rushing in or wandering off.

DDM_LordShado
Subject:  
Wing on coms in a drop: Ok, we are going to flank right, all got it?
Everyone in drop: Yep!
Wing sees Nailgun running straight in
Wing: Nail! Where TF are you going?
Nail: I'm flanking.

*Bright light in Gator*

Wing0
Subject:  
My god, that was classic...

SoulBandit
Ok Back to what this thread was started for lol
Major Kalliope has suggested that we use tomorrow (thursday the 23rd) as a night to work on "Drop Command" instruction and practice. This would entale each person learning how to be comfortable and effective in the role of drop commanders.

With only a few of us willing to DC we could run into trouble if those people arent available for a match.

Wing0
Subject:  
That'd be great; except I will be in a car starting my vacation, which means I expect people to come together and discuss shit in a productive manner. That means listen to Soul, and keep in mind that after each game you get 1 paragraph of comments and not a ramble-fest.

Additionally, actually use the time productively; do not degenerate into something stupid, such as a let's all take arties and not stick to Wing's practice. -.- I've said this one over and over again; I'm not going to be around all the time, and this weekend is undoubtedly one of those times. It's going to be up to everyone to get together and form around those with experience. Every lance leader knows how to DC, so hit those individuals up for assistance or critique. There is a slim chance that I will get to Chicago quickly enough to see you all tonight.

For those worried about the WAR match, I should be good to hit our Tuesday preparation practice as well as our game on weds.

DDM_Lexington
I will be picking up my x52 from work tonight - so I'll be on, but I'll be late. I'll also be playing :twisted:

SoulBandit
I need to try and rebuilb one of the plugs on Snipers extra X-52 and see if I can get it working again. My Extreme 3D pro is slowly dying. :(

DDM_Salvatoris
Subject:  
I have to get a new one too. I started using an X36 about half-way through my time playing mech3, then used the x45 for most of mech4. Now i am trying to learn to play with a cyborg evo we had laying around. I originally played mech3 on sidewinder stick, so it's pretty similar to that. For some reason i keep wanting to twist the wrong way, and I am constantly twisting when I dont mean to.

Wing0
Subject:  
Make sure you press the semi-colon key to turn off automatic centering on the torso twist, Sal.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: