Death Dealer Mercenaries

New Mechwarrior Game Announced!

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
EC_Castiron
248 Points

USA US Ohio
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:00 am   Post subject:  Re: New Mechwarrior Game Announced! Back to top 

WoW, now dont that look fun salamander ?

i just hope theres a 3rd person view.
time to think about buying a new joystick and getting in some practice time in.

Download Post  No rating  
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:34 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hey dude. Long time, no see. Smile

I think third person we can count on. We're lucky they are even talking about giving us first person as an option after mechassault.

Download Post   
EC_Castiron
248 Points

USA US Ohio
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:41 pm   Post subject:  Re: New Mechwarrior Game Announced! Back to top 

oh yeah this is gonna be exciting to be slugging it out again, i havent played a mechwarrior game in atleast 5 years. only reason i know about this was because i wanted to find an old EC website if one happend to still exist on some server someplace so i could get background graphics for a myspace page.

ended up finding a page that made refferance to both DDM and EC. turns out it was tane talking about DDMs beginnings. So i dropped in, signed up and gave the short version of it. forming off the Black Hawks disbanding when MrPrez went MIA.

then i tracked tane to here and saw this thread and wow cool, im gonna get another chance to jockey a thor.

what ya mean about "lucky were gettinng first person" ? i didn't play mech assault.
[ah, read up on it. hahahaha power ups! omg sounds like mario bros.]

Last edited by EC_Castiron on Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

Download Post   
EC_Castiron
248 Points

USA US Ohio
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:49 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

tell ya what sal, i think we patched things up pretty good before vengeance ended, if ya remember i made a decent wrecking ball and a hell of a sniper.

i cant drop the EC tags ive never been anything but EC (save a breif stint as regular garrison BH), however u need or want another gun on the field id march with ya.

i expect im gonna be horrendously ugly rusty to start but my claws should sharpen fast enough.

lemme know.

Download Post   
DDM_Dragonlord
Warrant Officer 1st Class
5628 Points

Norway NO Buskerud
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:53 am   Post subject:  Re: New Mechwarrior Game Announced! Back to top 

Looks like this ne MW game is gonna take longer than expected, if they get it out at all
Was browsing the MWLL forums, to see what news was out about it, when I stumbled across this link. MW5 in legal trouble?
Seems someone is not happy about some aspects of the new MW game.

Image 160

Death is but a door time is but a window, I'll be back
Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:52 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

MEH... that is no biggie. There was a misunderstanding across the board in the last few months pertaining to the unseen mechs. They said they would be available again in classic Battletech as well as in the new mech game, but changed that a few months later.

All they lose are a couple of mechs from the game.. or rather a few models. They can still have a Warhammer, it just has to be the reseen model and not the original. The good news is that the didn't sell anything with those mechs in it. No harm no foul. They just can't use those images any more.

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:18 pm   Post subject:  Re: New Mechwarrior Game Announced! Back to top 

This isn't much, but the Piranha Games website lists this on the front page as coming soon. At least they are admiting to working on it... just a few more years now. Smile

this is what they have on the mechwarrior page of their site...

=======================
Not Your Father’s MechWarrior

Smith and Tinker and Piranha Games are developing a full reboot of the acclaimed MechWarrior franchise for Xbox 360 and PC.
Fresh off our work with Luxoflux-Activision on Transformers2 for Xbox 360 and PS3, Piranha Games is partnering with Jordan Weismann, creator of the BattleTech universe, to develop the all new MechWarrior game. Set in the traditional BattleTech world, the new game is paying homage to 25 years of history and fan dedication with a complete reboot of the MechWarrior series.

The new MechWarrior is set on the planet Deshler in the year 3015 and places you in the role of Adrian Khol, a wayward nobleman who prefers partying and shirking responsibility over his training and studies. However, when House Kurita launches a massive invasion to conquer Deshler, resulting in the death of his entire family, Khol discovers a purpose to fight for.

Gamers will pilot a deadly BattleMech and use information warfare to dominate a dynamic-destructive urban battlefield. The game features include classic and new mechs from the BattleTech universe with persistent character development and plans for a single player campaign, as well as, co-op, and multiplayer gameplay.

“There are ambitious plans for this new MechWarrior”, says Russ Bullock, President of Piranha Games. “We want to capture the sense that you're piloting a giant, walking war machine in the middle of an incredibly dynamic battlefield”.

“Nothing is ever as satisfying as unleashing the kind of firepower that only a mech contains and watching it ravage your target” says Jordan Weisman of Smith & Tinker and co-founder of the BattleTech / MechWarrior.

MechWarrior is being developed for the PC and the Xbox 360.

Download Post   
DDM_PLAGUE
Hauptmann Kommandant
Hauptmann Kommandant
6384 Points

USA US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:00 pm   Post subject:  Re: New Mechwarrior Game Announced! Back to top 

Twisted Evil Is it real,,sombody pinch me! I gota be dreaming,,oh please Lord let it be real!! Twisted Evil
But until than what are we playing?

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:42 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

it is looking less and less likely that we will see this game any time soon. The good news is that there is already an awesome mech game available. www.mechlivinglegends.net

Download Post   
DDM_PLAGUE
Hauptmann Kommandant
Hauptmann Kommandant
6384 Points

USA US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:46 am   Post subject:  Re: New Mechwarrior Game Announced! Back to top 

I am going try to load it all today Sal..

Download Post   
Reaper55
167 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu May 13, 2010 11:02 am   Post subject:  Re: New Mechwarrior Game Announced! Back to top 

I am thinking of playing MWLL but i am not sure about it. I like what it does with crysis but it still looks like a beta version.

Download Post   
DDM_Salvatoris
Master General
Master General
16567 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu May 13, 2010 11:17 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

It looks like a beta version because it IS a beta version. The beta is nowhere near being feature or content complete. We are busy smashing bugs, balancing and getting new content ready for the next patch.

Besides balance and under the hood changes, further down the road, you can surely expect to see more of everything content-wise. More gametypes, maps, Mechs and vehicles are all in the works.

By the way, what specifically is it that you think makes the game look like unfinished?

Download Post   
DDM_LordShado
Kommandant General
Kommandant General
28337 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu May 13, 2010 4:23 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Aye, looks alone from pics and videos can not tell that it is unfinished. Once it is played and bugs are noticed (genuine, not WAT) and things are yearned can it be said that it is not finished. I have played it and while it can use more content/features, it is very much further along in progress to any other game that says "beta".

A nation of wolves run by sheep!
Download Post   
DDM_Dragonlord
5628 Points

Norway NO Buskerud
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:00 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

The only one I have seen around playing this game so far has been Sal, unless you guys are going by different names when you play
I would like an opportunity to get in a few games with some of you guys to blow up some stuff.
Despite some very annoying bugs I still love to play this, but going out in pub games playing it alone with complete strangers can be rather boring in the long run.

Image 160

Death is but a door time is but a window, I'll be back
Download Post   
DDM_PLAGUE
Hauptmann Kommandant
Hauptmann Kommandant
6384 Points

USA US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:51 pm   Post subject:  Re: New Mechwarrior Game Announced! Back to top 

Hey Sal I need some help gettin up and running..I seemed to have mucked it up Shocked

Download Post   

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic