Goto page 1, 2  Next

DDM_Salvatoris
Subject:  Mechwarrior 5
It's been six years now since the last Mechwarrior game came out. The license went from languishing at Microsoft to languishing at Smith and Tinker. It looks like we might actually see a good community made game before we see anything official.

I was reading today about the project Mektek is working on. They had a pretty cool screenshot posted recently.

As cool as that looks, what I am really excited about is Mechwarrrior: Living Legends. I try not to get excited about Mech mods, since so far they don't have much luck seeing the light of day.... but this one looks pretty bad ass, and beyond that, pretty far along. They have released a ton of screenshots and some good videos since the last time I looked at it.

They have weapon pods that visually change out on mechs. If you wanted to build a catapult with large lasers instead of missile pods, it would look like this.

If you don't know anything about it, it's a total conversion mod for Crysis. It's combined arms, with infantry including power armor and elementals, vehicles, tanks, VTOL and Aerospace.... but with a heavy focus on Mechs. It seems like they are getting just about everything in that we expect in a mech game. Customizable mechs, weapon grouping, damage / destruction of limbs and specific mech sections, locking missiles... even with TAG. The graphics, environments, animations and weapon effects are all top notch. Looking at their media it's really hard to tell this is a user mod and not Mech5.

They are releasing new screenshots every day, and they have a youtube channel with some cool videos. You really gotta check out these screens. Everything I posted here is in-game. Hopefully it's open beta soon, if not surely we can get Kami to hook us up. I'm still trying not to get my hopes up... but it looks like the mech game I have been waiting for.

DDM_LordShado
Subject:  
LL looks promising and has for a while now. I like how they look like mechs and not GoBots, all blocky and stuff. I can't wait.

DDM_Auger
Subject:  Re: Mechwarrior 5
I've checked out their webby, It all LOOKS COOL!!
The screenies look awesome, better graphics quality than MS ever dreamed of for Mech, and they seem to be moving right along...
I never played Crysis but if the LL screens are 1/2 what the game is, I'm drooling!!
Get us on that Beta Team, Sal!!

DDM_LordShado
Subject:  
I saw one of the videos of Palace Gates. Can't have a Kami mech game without PG ;)

DDM_Salvatoris
Subject:  
Forstbite too.... I wonder if the put "the titts" in. :)

Wing0
Subject:  
Ahh the tits. :P Glorious!

DDM_Metalfiend
thats just plain ghey,,who would want to play something with a bunch of non transforming robots,,,GHEY I SAY

naw just kidin looks awsome and i can't wait

SoulBandit
UM Transformers mech bots in disguise lol

DDM_Salvatoris
DDM_Metalfiend wrote (View Post): › thats just plain ghey,,who would want to play something with a bunch of non transforming robots,,,GHEY I SAY

Some other dudes are making a mod just for you Metal....

http://www.transformerscs.com/index.php/about

DDM_Metalfiend
oh good i hate gettin left out like dat

by the way i did say just kiddin didn't i,,,yes i do believe i did,,DAMNIT

DDM_redeye
Subject:  
lol...J.K....lol

DDM_Pyromancer
Subject:  
Has anyone play Chrysis yet? Been thinking bout picking it up just to check out

Wing0
Subject:  
I tried it Pyro. It's an entertaining game. My cousins got a kick out of it too because I'd hijack boats and kill people by plowing 'em into other ships.

DDM_LordShado
Subject:  
Its a pretty machine intense game. A lot of performance sites use it as a gauge to test CPU's. If I remember correctly, it is OpenGL as well.

Ulkesh
Subject:  
DDM_LordShado wrote (View Post): › Its a pretty machine intense game. A lot of performance sites use it as a gauge to test CPU's. If I remember correctly, it is OpenGL as well.

Good means my Nvidia card will work with it.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: