Goto page 1, 2  Next

DDM_Dragonlord
Subject:  Trucker Dragon
As some of you have already heard, I'm currently working om getting a drivers licence for truck/trailers.

My intention is to start driving.

The job I used to have as a driver a few years back, made me realise that driving is what I enjoy most for a job.

So I decided I may as well get a driver licence for heavy vehicles as there are plenty of jobs to go around it that profession.

In fact there are a lack of about 4000-6000 truck drivers in Norway these days, so it should be easy to get a job after I get the licence.

Getting the licence has to be done in 2 stages, where I have to pass the first to be able to proceed to the next.

The first part is the tuck itself, wich is requires in order to get to part 2 which is the trailer part.

As I write this I have already passed the first part, and are working on getting the second and last part done.

I'm having some trouble passing the theory examn, I have failed twice allready, but I hope to get things sorted soon

With luck I have the licence and a job by the end of the summer.

DDM_Roag_Oiram
Subject:  
Good Luck...

Wing0
Subject:  
There's a theory exam for trucking? What kinda stuff on there DL?

DDM_Dragonlord
Subject:  
DDM_Wing0 wrote (View Post): › There's a theory exam for trucking? What kinda stuff on there DL?

Some of it are technical stuff about the truck and it's handling during driving, and sone of it are about how to handle such lagre vehicles in the traffic

DDM_Pyromancer
Subject:  
Once you get the licence do they have different lvls to it? Like here in the states you have class A thru C CDL's (Commercial Drivers Licence) then you have the addons like Hazmat Certified for hauling Chemicals and such...

DDM_Dragonlord
Subject:  Re: Trucker Dragon
Things are a bit different here in Norway, but the hazmat part you need a special licence for.
Same if you were to drive a truck with a built on crane with a greater lifting capacity than 2 tonnes (2000kg)

If I rememeber right there are 2.2kg on 1 pound.

In Norway drivers licences are rated A through E.

A = Motorbikes
B = Cars and vans up to 3500 kg
C1 = Trucks up to 7500kg
C = Trucks above 7500 kg
D = Buses
E = Trailers (The one you hook on the back of your car)
M = Scooters.
S = Snow scooters
T = Tractor (what tha farmers use on their fields for sowing and the likes)

The Licence I have at the moment are B and C, and currently working on the E part of the licence.

Hope this clears things up for you. (or maybe confuses you more? :P)

Edit: Added some stuff I forgot.

Last edited by DDM_Dragonlord on Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
DDM_Reijklin
Subject:  
I'm fairly sure I remember reading somewhere that they have an L rating, too, for Longboat. That one allows rampant pillaging of coastal areas. :))

DDM_Dragonlord
If there are I don't know about it :P.

The ones I listed are for ground vehicles, anything in the air or on the sea I have no idea about

Wing0
Subject:  
HAHA Reij.. lol

DDM_Dragonlord
Just had my theory(written?) 3rd exam on the trailer part yesterday.
And I really need to read up on this stuff as I failed for the 3rd time.
After 3 succesive failiures some may be tempted to give up, but not this guy, I'm gonna keep going.

I droped by the driving school after the exam and had a talk with them.
They suggested I come dow and do some tests they have so we can determine what I need help with so we can work on that.

DDM_LordShado
Subject:  
At least you have someone willing to work with you. When I took my first rules of the road test, I had missed two of the questions. When I asked the clerk the answers, she said, "I can't tell you the answers." I then said, "Lemme get this straight, I missed two driving questions, probably critical ones, and you can't tell me the right answer?"

Wing0
Subject:  
Wow Shado, that's just retarded. lol

DDM_LordShado
Subject:  
Remember that when we are in the car for 15 hours, going to Texas ;)

DDM_Dragonlord
Thought you might want an update on how things are going, and if not, you will get it anyway so here it is.

After having failed the test 3 times, I decided to take the last part of the course again in an attempt to refresh my memory and see if I could learn something I didn't get last time.

And it actually worked, I passed the test with flying coulors........

Well I did have 1 question wrong though, but still I made it.

Got a driving lesson at 9am friday local time.
Can't wait to get back behind the wheel of that truck.

DDM_LordShado
Subject:  
GZ

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: