Death Dealer Mercenaries :: The original Death Dealer Mercs

Death Dealer MercenariesMechwarriorMechwarrior: Living Legends (beta) December 26 Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:

#1:  Mechwarrior: Living Legends (beta) December 26 Author: DDM_Salvatoris Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:29 pm

"After more than 3 years of blood, sweat and beers, of failure and success, of missed sleep and neglected personal hygiene, the time has finally come to share our work with the world. Yes, Wandering Samurai is proud to present MechWarrior: Living Legends and would like to invite the world to participate in our open beta program which will start on December 26th 2009."

http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/content/view/395/1/

Everyone has to get themselves Crysis for Xmas.... MW:LL the next day. Razz

Last edited by DDM_Salvatoris on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total

#2:   Author: DDM_LordShado Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:25 pm

And here I thought it was a stand alone type thing...

#3:  Re: Mechwarrior Living Legends beta December 26 Author: DDM_Auger Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:38 am

reviews, so far??

Smile

#4:   Author: DDM_Salvatoris Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:07 pm

No download link yet. I am downloading crysis now, so hopefully I'll be able to check it out tonight.

#5:   Author: DDM_Salvatoris Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:12 pm

I have been playing with it a little bit today... mostly just getting my ass handed to me, but I am starting to get a feel for it.

A short first impression is... it's not perfect, but it is the best mech game available. Combat is fun, and there is a lot of room for different tactics and play-styles. Controls take a little getting used to, and joystick support is limited. I am getting the hang of piloting a mech with keyboard and mouse, but the throttle feels a little weird to me. It takes mechs a long time to stop and reverse, even for the lightest mechs.

It's fun, playable and there are a bunch of servers up. You guys gotta get in on the mech action. It's all we've got until mech5... which is still barely more than a pipe-dream.

Even in it's current state this game is a lot of fun. While we don't have a mechlab yet, there a bunch of variants for each chassis. mechs have everything you expect them to... weapon groups with limited ammo and heat management.

There isn't really a good excuse for not playing it if you are a mech fan. There is no single player, and no way to advance in a lan game by yourself... so I could use some help testing. If anyone else gets set up.. let me know. It's mech time... what are we waiting for?? Razz

#6:   Author: DDM_Salvatoris Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:29 pm

http://www.youtube.com/eurogamersclan

some gameplay videos from beta.

It's in excellent shape for a beta. It already has as many maps as a typical battlefield multiplayer game, plwnty of mechs, tanks and a couple of Aerospace and VTOL. Pretty cool so far...

#7:   Author: DDM_TK421DS Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:08 am

DDM_Salvatoris wrote (View Post): › http://www.youtube.com/eurogamersclan

some gameplay videos from beta.

It's in excellent shape for a beta. It already has as many maps as a typical battlefield multiplayer game, plwnty of mechs, tanks and a couple of Aerospace and VTOL. Pretty cool so far...

That video looks like ass. If Flight stick is limited tham I'm out.......i will not Drive a mech with a keyboard & mouse ever........ it sux Embarassed
I think im hooked on Warhammer & if it doesn't pan out after R40+ then I'll go back to WoW..........ot Star Trek if it doesn't royally suck..........I am a MMO whore Rolling Eyes Embarassed

#8:   Author: DDM_Salvatoris Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:47 pm

You can use a joystick, but the throttle is a little wonky. I have just been playing with KB and mouse because that is what the game is designed for... and it just works. W increases throttle, S brings it down. A and D turn the mech left and right, the mouses does torso twist and pitch. The different mouse buttons are your weapon groups.

It really is a great Mech game... even in it's current state. You can drive tanks and aerospace, but it definitely feels like a mech game, not just a FPS with some mechs to stomp around in. Other than good joystick support, this game has everything we expect from a mech game... and you guys are all crazy not to be playing it. Razz

#9:   Author: DDM_LordShado Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:09 pm

Don't fall for it! As soon as you start to play, he will be playing something else!

#10:   Author: DDM_Salvatoris Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:35 pm

especially if everyone waits until I have already been playing for a year. Razz

at least there is no monthly fee. You have to buy a copy of cysis, but it's pretty good anyway....

Last edited by DDM_Salvatoris on Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

#11:   Author: DDM_TK421DS Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:15 am

DDM_LordShado wrote (View Post): › Don't fall for it! As soon as you start to play, he will be playing something else!

I was gonna go there but you beat me to it.........lol Laughing

Well i can run Crysis on ultra graphic settings and it looks unbelievable.......I may reinstall it and patch it up for now, but I am still really enjoying War. Very Happy
T3 has completely changed to being fun every night & there is always a full WB or 2 going. As is T2. I am looking forward to runnin some dungons w Shado, Demon & Auger soon.

#12:   Author: DDM_Salvatoris Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:55 pm

Apparently it's pretty easy to find a copy of the game, but you can't play online without a valid CD Key. It works fine for LAN games... just not regular multiplayer. I have one valid key you could use... but we wouldn't be able to play in the same server at the same time. It would let you check the game out though... you can also get a used copy of the game for under 10 bucks on ebay, or 20 for a new copy.

It has some stability issues. I think a lot of them are crysis issues more than MWLL issues though. You might have to jump through some hoops to get it running right. Mine crashes every couple of matches, but the matches are an hour long. So it isn't pissing me off too bad. Still looking for a solution though... could be my now aging system.

last night i had some really great fights. Some of the highlights were near zero-G elemental combat, tagging mechs and watching the LRMs rain down on them from above, dummy firing an alpha of LRMs from a cougar in to an aerospace fighter that was doing a strafing run on me, and blowing a guy right of the cockpit and taking his otherwise undamaged mech.

It's pretty cool to be able to change mechs in the middle of a match, or just run back to base to repair and reload the one you are in. This thing is just packed with features we have always wanted in a mech game.

I can't believe any of you guys have to be talked in to playing it in the first place... especially anyone who also enjoyed some Battlefield back in the day. It's not an MMO... no monthly fee. You don't have to break-up with some other game to play it. You don't have to scratch Warhammer's name off your binder or anything... Wink

#13:  Re: Mechwarrior Living Legends beta December 26 Author: DDM_Reijklin Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:24 pm

Unfortunately, I think I'm once again in the same boat I was with MW4....lacking a system capable of running it at the moment. Sad

#14:  Re: Mechwarrior Living Legends beta December 26 Author: DDM_TK421DS Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:56 am

Damnit Sal! I watched the Trailer and now im torn............ Embarassed If that is in game play im gonna go ahead and seriously load Crysis back on my Machine! I can run Crysis on all 3 of my flat screens for 3780X 1024 resolution ultra high graphics.

?'s.........
1. Do i have to patch up Crysis with all the Crysis patches before adding on MWLL?

2. Is MWLL an exe self installer or do I have to manually install/move folders with it?

3. What are the limits of flight stick? do we still have torso twist as default & do most buttons work for alpha & chain fire?

4. I have a "Game pad" I use instead of keyboard, I'm sure I can map key commands to it also?

5. Can you fly those jets?

I'm not quitin War, but those graphics & mechs sure look sweet Rolling Eyes

#15:  Re: Mechwarrior Living Legends beta December 26 Author: DDM_Salvatoris Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:58 am

DDM_TK421DS wrote (View Post): › Damnit Sal! I watched the Trailer and now im torn............ Embarassed If that is in game play im gonna go ahead and seriously load Crysis back on my Machine! I can run Crysis on all 3 of my flat screens for 3780X 1024 resolution ultra high graphics.

?'s.........
1. Do i have to patch up Crysis with all the Crysis patches before adding on MWLL?

2. Is MWLL an exe self installer or do I have to manually install/move folders with it?

3. What are the limits of flight stick? do we still have torso twist as default & do most buttons work for alpha & chain fire?

4. I have a "Game pad" I use instead of keyboard, I'm sure I can map key commands to it also?

5. Can you fly those jets?

I'm not quitin War, but those graphics & mechs sure look sweet Rolling Eyes

The promo video is all gameplay.

You need vanilla Crysis, with the 1.21 patch (game version1.1.16516). You don't need either expansion.

The install is simple, it's just a /mod folder you extract to your main Crysis directory. The only thing you have to do manually is move a keymap file to your Crysis profile in my doccuments / my games. They have it all explained in a sticky thread on the MW:LL forums. Some people are having trouble with that step, but it's really as simple as copy / paste / rename file.

I got my joystick set up yesterday and it seems to do everything it should. I think you can aim more precisely with the mouse, but that is true for almost all games. The main issue with joystick support is that you have to edit a convoluted text file to program it. I am getting pretty familiar with it, so if you need any help with yours let me know. You can program up to 32 buttons and every axis on the flight stick. Everything in terms of control from the previous mech games is there. Of course you have torso twist, as well as different triggers for each weapon group. You can edit weapon groups on the fly with just the arrow keys and enter. You can toggle between group and chain fire, or make an alpha strike group. programming the gamepad should be no problem.

You can pilot the aerospace fighters and VTOLs, as well as tanks and battle armor.

================

I am looking for a good Crysis CD Key so me and parker can play in the same servers together... I'm going to buy him a copy soon... but if we could borrow your key, I'd appreciate it. I am also going to try and put a dedicated server together and run it at my office.... but I'm not sure what specs I need for it yet. I should have all the hardware laying around here to do it.
Death Dealer MercenariesMechwarriorMechwarrior: Living Legends (beta) December 26 Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:

Generated using printer-friendly.