Death Dealer Mercenaries :: The original Death Dealer Mercs

Death Dealer MercenariesWarhammer OnlineNext Update/Patch... Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:

#1:  Next Update/Patch... Author: DDM_Auger Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:59 pm

Full Story

As surmised earlier this week, Mythic announced today that the Public Test Server for Game Update 1.3.2 opens tomorrow (9/29/09) morning! This update contains another batch of significant updates, as well as the usual round of bug fixes and balance changes.

Look for a new 'Apprentice' system that will enable to you to temporarily adjust your rank (upwards or downwards) to the level of another player in order to play with them. While the ability to adjust rank upwards is certainly surprising, note that you will not be able to queue for any Scenarios that you did not previously have access too. For example: You have a rank 1 Shaman, and your friend has a rank 11 Witch Elf. If your friend Apprenticed you, you would then be scaled to rank 11, and be able to queue for Tier 1 scenarios. If your friend was level 30 and Apprenticed you, you would be unable to queue for Scenarios together.

Other notable changes include the temporary removal of Fortresses from the Tier 4 campaign, and all races starting in either Empire or Chaos Tier 1 starting area by default.

#2:   Author: DDM_Salvatoris Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:38 pm

I saw a few good changes there... but I don't understand all the starter changes they are putting in. Why would they just throw away all that tier 1 content they already had in game? Not only do all players start in the empire or chaos, but they are apparently getting rid of the other two tier one RvR lakes?? None of that makes any sense to me.

It's also a bit of a bummer that this update doesnt add a single scrap of new content to the game.

#3:   Author: DDM_LordShado Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:49 am

Uh oh, Sal is looking for a new game, run fellas!

That list of changes is hooge! While I didn't think the starter areas needed the massive changes, it is good that it is easier for new people. Bug fixes are always welcome.

I am not too worried about new content now, since I haven't seen all the existing content. A sneak peek on a paid expansion would be good, since paid tends to be a longer process and adds lots.

#4:   Author: DDM_Salvatoris Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:50 am

Nope, I love this game still. I am worried that it's dying though. MMOS always dangle upcoming content in front of the players to keep them interested and get their money for another month while they wait... it is a little odd that there is absolutely nothing announced as in development or coming soon. I think the game is in maintenance mode, and all we will see from here on out is balance and bug fixes. It could be that they moved a lot of the team over to the star wars game, and it could also be because they sold almost a million copies of the game at launch, and now they are down under 100K subs. Either way, I don't like it one bit.

I really don't see how shutting down 2/3 of the tier open RvR areas helps new players. I think that is BS they are shoveling to cover whatever the real reason behind it is.

As far as new games go, I always have my eye open,. but there is nothing out or coming soon that i am interested in. I am still looking forward to trying out the star wars and star trek games, and black prophesy... but I don't think we will see any of those games until 2011.

On an unrelated note... I think Legacy is falling apart. They handed guild leadership to someone I am not familiar with, left the alliance we were in and kicked a big chunk of the roster. None of the higher ranking guys other than new leader have been on for over a month. Teamspeak and the guild website are down too. What I gather from the alliance website is that a lot of people moved on to play Aion, which I have zero interest in.

I'd hate to have to move to a new guild, especially when we are getting so close to getting our guild mounts.... but those last few levels might take us forever if it's just down to the death dealers for active members. I guess if we stick it out until we are the last ones left we could just take it over. Ii need to get the new leader to move some of us up in rank to leadership will fall to us if it comes to that.

#5:   Author: DDM_LordShado Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:44 pm

Yeah, I was starting to wonder about Legacy as well. I did see the same things you saw, but didn't look too much into the Alliance website, since it appeared that there was a WAR reason, not another game reason. I noticed that Parker was bumped to SB. Not a bad idea as you mentioned to start upping the ranks of the actives to keep the guild afloat. The Guild rank seems to be chucking along nicely, no need to throw it out, considering its mostly DDM that pushed it the past few weeks Wink

#6:   Author: DDM_Salvatoris Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:02 pm

I agree there. If you do a guild search, there aren't many on the server higher than us. I just want to be sure one of us will fall in to the guild leader spot if the rest of these guys hit the bricks. Everyone here set their last name in game as Deathdealer, you guys should too. Razz

My curse profile finally started updating... how do you get that signature image?

#7:   Author: DDM_LordShado Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:27 pm

wardb>my account>my characters>name

Gives sig and link info

After that you can view your character and see the latest information.

#8:  Re: Next Update/Patch... Author: DDM_Metalfiend Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:25 am

dunno our WaR sigs seem to have disappeared on here and now show as broken links

#9:   Author: DDM_LordShado Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:44 pm

Not for me...

#10:   Author: DDM_LordShado Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:13 am

Changed the last name on the Slayer, can't do it until 20 on the KotBS.

#11:   Author: DDM_Salvatoris Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:28 am

That is messed up... Mine doesn't have a cool class logo like everyone else's. :/

#12:   Author: DDM_LordShado Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:32 pm

Apparently somebody in the Warhammer chain of life thought it was cool

*giggles*

#13:   Author: DDM_Salvatoris Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:19 pm

I can't get a hammer or a the twin tailed comet or something/.... no, I get an orange ball. :/ My profile stopped updating again too. It updated last on the 15th... I am 35 now.

#14:   Author: DDM_LordShado Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:33 pm

It updates infrequently, and they have not posted any updates on the thread they have that they have found anything...or not.

#15:   Author: DDM_redeye Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:39 pm

mine hasent updated since march...?????
Death Dealer MercenariesWarhammer OnlineNext Update/Patch... Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:

Generated using printer-friendly.