DDM_LuGz
Subject:  MechWarrior4 Free - News?
Hey guys.

Anyone heard a damn thing about the Free version? What's takin' so long?

I'm dyin' ta play here! New PC an' all!!!

DDM_LordShado
Subject:  
Same as it has been, legal issues. MW:LL is out though.

DDM_LuGz
Subject:  Re: MechWarrior4 Free - News?
What do you need for that? -It's a complete MOD for another game isn't it?

Can you give me a link if its not?

Thanks man.

DDM_Salvatoris
Subject:  
It's a mod for Crysis. check it out at www.mechlivinglegends.net

it's a pretty damn good mech game... some bugs to overcome and you can't expect controls to be familiar right away... but everything is there. Lots of mechs and vehicles, a couple of different aerospace and VTOLs. They have most of the mech equipment in the beta... masc, ECM, tag, narc and AMS. All the systems work like they should. You have limited ammo, heat management, passive / active radar. It's forced first person, all the time. You always have the cockpit view in mechs, but depending on the optics package, you can zoom to different levels and get a pretty clear screen for targeting.

All the weapons are in game and the effects are awesome. The mechs have all the correct damage sections, you lose the left torso and the weapons in that section go with it, you can blow off arms and external weapon pods. Somehow you can even get slowed partially from damage, even short of being legged... which you can also do. When you are legged you can fight from prone, you are limited to what you can see with torso twist... you can also just get out of your mech and fight as a power armor or elemental... or blow someone out of their cockpit and take their mech. You can take mechs back to the bay in the base to repair and reload. You start each life with a set amount of money, based on the rank you have obtained in that map. There are 7 0r 8 ranks, and you move up pretty fast. You go up a level with each of the first few good kills. It's attrition type points, so you get credit for damage as well as kills. I think you get way more stripping a mech than just killing a power armor. You can also share the money you get between your team members, so you can have a few guys in heavies right away. You also get to buy extra weapons for your dood when he is a battle armor.. like a rotary canan, hand held PPC, narc beacon, flamer. You can do some serious damage in as an elemental. A lot of people are running arouns as them instead of mechs... which is cool because it makes use of all the weapons on a mech. If you were to just boat LRMs (which have a minnimum range) you could get eaten up by elementals up close.... so the machine guns have an actual use in this one.

on the downside... joystick controls are a little limited. mainly because there is no GUI to set them... you have to edit a text file or download one someone has posted for your stick. KB and mouse controls are pretty good, throttle can be hard to manage until you get some practice at it. The game is pretty resource heavy, and has some stability issues overall... but if you can live with an occasional crash or graphics bug, it isn't really all that bad in terms of performance.

gameplay is pure, concentrated awesome. I like it anyway... if you couldn't tell. :P

DDM_LuGz
:( I haven't got Crisis... I'm bummed man, bummed out...

I have Call of Duty 2, and Company of Hero's though, if anyone wants to get together & play those. I also have a Turn-Based game going on FaceBook named: "Glaactic Empires" if you look on my Profile it's there somewhere? Maybe I'll link it here...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=177976492821&ref=mf

We're taking a bit of a break for the holidays, but if anyone's interested, I can email you a starting package \guide to help you get set up. You could just read through it & see if your interested. Were only going to be on Turn 6.
This is a Facebook link to a trailer I made for it, though it is not my game, I'm just GMing it:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/video/video.php?v=104976162849720

Hope these work, but its not necessary, just email me DDM_Lugnutz@Hotmail.com & I can send you the info if you wanna check it out.

PS It's my 1 year anniversary on the 24th! Woot! 1 year in the DDM!

DDM_LordShado
Subject:  
Woot Woot, counting down...now!

DDM_LuGz
So just to be [awkwardly] clear here, you *DO* need Crysis in order to DL & play WMLL?

Yes? No?

If yes, is there any websites you know of where one might be able to DL a copy for free? -For example I have noticed that on one site I was browsing MechWarrior4 Mercs is available as a free DL. I'm not sure if Crysis would have been on the list, they were mostly much older games, (& let's face it MW is pretty old, very nearly 10 years.) I wouldn't want to order Cyrsis just for this Mod, I'd have to like the game "on it's own" as well.

Anyhoo, just a few thoughts off the top of my head...

DDM_Salvatoris
Subject:  
Yes you need crysis. You can't connect to servers without a valid cd key. You can buy a digital download of the game for $29. I got two copies on ebay for under 10 bucks a piece. I don't think there is any cheaper way to get it. Either way, money well spent. It's a great Mechwarrior game. The only thing it is really lacking is my bros. ;)

DDM_LuGz
Well I've had a look at all the Trailers for Cysis [the EA game], as a stand alone & it looks alright. I'm thinking about ordering it soon. ...Will still take a few weeks to arrive anyways. I was wondering, about the Mod, how many mechs can one play? What are the weapon options?

Could you list all the Mechs? And an overview of the weapon load-out options?

Any screen shots yet on your end?

I also wanted to ask, Is there a campaign for solo practice included in the mod? Or an ability to play off-line to get the hang of everything? I don't like to just jump in half-cocked and get my ass kicked & handed to me.

That's just not right.

Lugz

DDM_Metalfiend
jumping in half cocked is the way to play if you ask me ,,,jump into a game people have been playing and kick thier ases,,kinda like always useing a bar cue to play pool or darts and whoopin up ass ,,it pisses people off and that is always fun as hell

DDM_Demon
Subject:  
LOL @ metal

but it is fun as hell to beat people and piss them off

as far as getting the game...waiting for work to pick up

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: