DDM_Blzebub0_x
Subject:  Hopefully tonight!
Well the comp is done and hopefully my isp at home should be on tonight.
If not I might just leave it up at work and come up here and play.

SoulBandit
Subject:  Re: Hopefully tonight!
It was great to have you back in game again Bub! now if we could just get some more of the DDM Mech vets to dust off their disks and polish the old joystick up and get their ass into the servers, lol.

DDM_Blzebub0_x
Well the comp thing was going well but it has developed some weird habits of blue screen and self rebooting. I apologize for so abruptly disappearing on you last night sniper but it was not by my choice. Hope to have it fixed or at least figured out soon.

DDM_LordShado
Subject:  
Reboots are probably due to a heat issue. Check to make sure your airflow is clear and the fans work. Use a small desk fan on the side of the case (leave cover off) and see it that works.

Blue screen will include a reason as to why, generally, its a hardware problem. Either the device is bad or a new set of drivers are causing the BSOD. If it is the former, take out all unnecessary boot items and replace them one at a time until you find the culprit. Make sure they are seated fully and properly. If it is the latter, roll back any newly installed drivers to see if that fixes the issue.

Wing0
Subject:  
Nicely played Shady. Blze is calling me tonight; hopefully we can fix his shit.

DDM_Blzebub0_x
Thanks for the info, have removed the side cover and already replaced ram and vid card. sorry did not get a chance to call last night wing have some family issues trying to resolve. If I can get it to boot up will try the roll back on the drivers and remove other bootable objects to see if that does it.

DDM_LordShado
Subject:  
*Non-bootable* items, not bootable ;)

Video card, memory, floppy drive, disc drives, soundcards, nics, etc.

DDM_Blzebub0_x
Subject:  
sorry mind not fully functional yet; too much blood not enough coffee. did vid card, mem like i said no floppy built in sound and built in nic but will try disk drive. when i get home

Wing0
Subject:  
Did you try taking the bios battery out for a minute and putting it back in?

DDM_Blzebub0_x
Even bought a new one just in case

DDM_Blzebub0_x
Well got home last night turned on the computer just to find out that my hard drive with my os on it died. That might have just solved my problem so starting tonight I will be reformatting a different hard drive and reinstalling all of my stuff. Maybe this will fix my problems.

DDM_LordShado
Subject:  
Let us know how it goes. If you are using imaged discs (Nortons Ghost is one), it will hide hardware problems.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: