DDM_Dragonlord
Subject:  Requesting assistance
I have a problem with my computer which have become something of a real nuisance by now.

Whenever I use my computer at some point the "window" I'm in minimizes as if I had done an "ALT+TAB".

It occurs randomly whenever I use my computer, though mostly when i play games, and it's not limited to a single game/program.

I have run Virus scans spyware/adware scans, and I have even reformatted my computer without any success.

It has never been a problem before, but have started occuring recently.
It have started occuring during the last few weeks and no more than a couple months.

Anyone have any idea what could be the cause and/or suggestions I would like to hear it, as some games I play "chrashes" when it happens.
Aparently they don't like the "alt+tab" function too much.

DDM_JuicedGoose
Subject:  
are you hitting the windows key by accident?

DDM_Dragonlord
Subject:  Re: Requesting assistance
Thats what makes it so damn annoying, I'm usually nowhere near that key, or the keyboard for that matter when it happens.

The key would in that case have to be so sensitive as to react to me breathing on it, and that is most definately not the case.

The day I see a keyboard with keys that sensitive is the day I stop using computers.

I would rather suspect something running in the background that overrides whatever I'm doing to "show" me something, onl that all I see are my windows desktop.

DDM_LordShado
Subject:  
Do you have error reporting on and do you have Hijack This?

DDM_Dragonlord
I have error reporting on, but I don't get any error messages when in happens.

Just installed and ran a scan, didn't make me much wiser exactly.

Below follows the log from the scan, maybe someone else can see something I can not.

Quote: › Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 13:15:04, on 07.08.2007
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\CTHELPER.EXE
C:\Programfiler\Saitek\Software\Profiler.exe
C:\Programfiler\Saitek\Software\SaiSmart.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\Programfiler\Java\j2re1.4.2_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Programfiler\BullGuard Ltd\SteelSecurity\SteelSecurity.exe
C:\Programfiler\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\Programfiler\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe
C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Logitech\KhalShared\KHALMNPR.EXE
C:\Programfiler\BullGuard Ltd\SteelSecurity\SteelUpdate.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Programfiler\MSN Messenger\usnsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wpabaln.exe
C:\Programfiler\Opera\Opera.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Michael Nielsen\Mine dokumenter\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = https://www.postbanken.no/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Koblinger
C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTHelper] CTHELPER.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTxfiHlp] CTXFIHLP.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer] KHALMNPR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Profiler] C:\Programfiler\Saitek\Software\Profiler.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SaiSmart] C:\Programfiler\Saitek\Software\SaiSmart.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Programfiler\Java\j2re1.4.2_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SteelSecurity] "C:\Programfiler\BullGuard Ltd.\SteelSecurity\SteelSecurity.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Programfiler\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: Logitech SetPoint.lnk = C:\Programfiler\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O16 - DPF: {B91AEDBE-93DF-4017-8BB3-F1C300C0EC51} - http://www.buypass.no/Installasjoner/Buypass_installasjonsprogram/setup.exe
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: bggp.dll
O23 - Service: SteelSecurity LiveUpdate (BGLiveSvc) - BullGuard Software - C:\Programfiler\BullGuard Ltd.\SteelSecurity\SteelUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe

DDM_LordShado
Subject:  
The alt-tab part is possible from scheduled updates to programs, or notifications from programs. As for crashing, it may be heat related, as you have had those problems in the past.

Just because you have error reporting on, doesn't mean it will tell you, but it will log it to a file. Right click on My Computer, then select Manage. From there, click on Event Viewer. You can then select it to how you want. I would suggest sorting by Date, and checking out all things that happened around the time you get the crash.

As for your Hijack This log, you can analyze here, but from the looks of things, you are ok.

DDM_Dragonlord
What I meant by chrashing was that some games, "locks up" after the "alt+tab" thing.

When I go to the task manager, it says the program does not respond.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: